Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, hoping to get some more information on what I believe to be a leaking sunroof. I've noticed it before, but with Hurricane Sandy having passed thru, it's beyond bearable now.

I bought the car (09 Tribeca Limited) about 3 months ago, and noticed the leak the first time it rained, but it was so little that it was really difficult to tell where it came from. My first guess was the door seal, but I was able to rule that out a couple weeks later with a slightly larger storm.

End result, the headliner is soaked near the A Pillar, right where the plastic meets the fabric. I'll take a pic later if you'd like. I'm pretty sure it's the sunroof drain tube.

Anyone else have a similar issue, and more importantly how difficult was it to fix. I'm very handy (do almost any maintenance on a car), but I also have a warranty from Carmax so if it's going to cost me more than my deductible, I'll pay to have someone else deal with it. :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, did you ever figure out where the leak was? Just noticed it drippin from the same spot you are describing, gonna go on the quest for leaks tomorrow, would be good to know what/where to look for if that is something common...
cheers!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Very common issue and easy fix. You are right, it's the sunroof drains. A few how tos on cleaning them over on subaruoutback.org

1 - 3 of 3 Posts