Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all the people out there!

I bought myself XM radio unit first and after started looking for cables... f***ng WROOONG!
Because I don't know how and where source cable between radiotuner and this XM radio unit.

In manual it is "E".

Does any of you have any idea where to get it? Which manufacturers connectors are those? Or what is pinout?

On XM radio itself it says "S1E-bus" and it looks like this:

On radio itself it looks like this:

If I am not mistaken - FSM has schematic for this:

Anybody can confirm this? Or for somebody who has this cable - it is possible to test it's wiring?

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Ever get this sorted?

·
Administrator
737 Posts
not yet. more pressing and interesting things have jumped in line before this :D
today, finally, assembled exhausts Y-piping... heaven :D
Pics or it didn't happen. Better yet, youtube video with sound. :)

I have a road trip ahead. I want to go with with XM...but it looks like it will be an FM transmitter instead. I loathe driving, so any add ons are helpful.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

probably will have to create a little writeup about it in that topic where I asked about Y-pipe... soundwise - nothing has changed except - it's almost silent, compared to what was there when I drove around without Y-pipe and rear mufflers.

about sound - does your aux-in work?

·
Administrator
737 Posts
View attachment 2462

probably will have to create a little writeup about it in that topic where I asked about Y-pipe... soundwise - nothing has changed except - it's almost silent, compared to what was there when I drove around without Y-pipe and rear mufflers.

about sound - does your aux-in work?
Wow, that is very pretty. Make sure you stay proactive on rustproofing that stupid steel gas tank. It almost bit me for a lot of money but I worked around it.

My aux doesn't work. Doesn't have it since it's an 06. I know there is a workaround and writeup that I can do found on the forum but I lack the motivation. I prefer hacks and thinking about hacks to getting dirty when possible especially owning several other vehicles. My next step is going to be a smart mirror. I also just installed 2 rear 12v outlets at the rear ac control. Tired of charging the kids phones and rats nest. Finding exactly where to make the holes was pretty tough but was worth it.

·
Administrator
737 Posts

I love this thing!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sometimes I get a feeling that people are trying to copy their homes into car, but when asked - do you live in your car or do you spend more than 50% awake hours in a car..... well, you know the answer. :D

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Lol, no...but I want to have a comfortable road trip when I am driving. It sure gets boring!

·
Administrator
737 Posts
ummm... so... you just drive on highway... and scroll through all the options?
Well at most, I just drive with the options that are most important to me and screen share. Now I don't have to have a separate fm transmitter, handsfree device, and a phone mount for Waze. It doubles as a mirror and adds a front and backup camera so that I don't have to have yet another thing hanging around. I can also monitor with Torque if something were to pop up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts