Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of getting Xenon's retro'd into the B9. This guy specializes in Subaru and retro's for other Subie models. Has anybody had any experience with him? Also if there are other people interested maybe we can get a great group buy in or contract for pricing for being members. Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.lightwerkz.net

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Never heard of them, but the site seems promising. What were your plans to disable the DRL's? We all want Xenon, but the DRL's are posing an issue. I just realized that this shop is the next town over from mine. That's a pretty rare occurance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
B9LTD83 said:
I've been thinking of getting Xenon's retro'd into the B9. This guy specializes in Subaru and retro's for other Subie models. Has anybody had any experience with him? Also if there are other people interested maybe we can get a great group buy in or contract for pricing for being members. Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.lightwerkz.net

I was thinking of getting a HID conversion kit for my 08 and just installing it myself. The 08 has the DRL's routed to the High Beam bulb so will definitely be easier than the previous models. Prob only problem is figuring out where to place the ballast.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Magic Marker said:
Never heard of them, but the site seems promising. What were your plans to disable the DRL's? We all want Xenon, but the DRL's are posing an issue. I just realized that this shop is the next town over from mine. That's a pretty rare occurance.
Originally from Essex County, it is quite rare that they are in the "same neighborhood" We'll just have to ask him what exit and we should be good to go...

Anyway plans for the DRL's
1) Tag the Sensor for the parking brake
2) Have them run constantly
3) Set the parking break everytime
4)Tape the headlight control to on all the time.

At this stage, I'm ready for a change. If Canada can get Xenons as OEM, why screw us Americans over with standard halogens. :mad:

I hope this guy takes Amex. :devil:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
B9LTD83 said:
Originally from Essex County, it is quite rare that they are in the "same neighborhood" We'll just have to ask him what exit and we should be good to go...

Anyway plans for the DRL's
1) Tag the Sensor for the parking brake
2) Have them run constantly
3) Set the parking break everytime
4)Tape the headlight control to on all the time.

At this stage, I'm ready for a change. If Canada can get Xenons as OEM, why screw us Americans over with standard halogens. :mad:

I hope this guy takes Amex. :devil:
Alright, they returned my email. Here is what I wrote:

I found your site through a Subaru B9 Forum member. Have you worked on a B9 Tribeca yet? If so, have you been able to disable the daytime running lights that run on the low beam bulb? I also have an 04 Civic EX. Have you done a retro on that model yet? I am local in Wayne and would like to visit your store. Are you open on weekends?
Answer:

Jeff,
We dont have a "store" just a workshop. There is nothing on display here as we do each order on a custom order basis. Havent done either of your cars, but certainly can work with both. I dont know of any way to disable the DRL's. I can meet up with you on a weekend but we are normally not open.
They seem nice, but it sounds like a very small business that is done just on the side. Based on the amount of cars they have done, they need more experience before touching any of my cars. Unless they want to do my cars for free (besides parts).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Being a STI owner that frequents IWSTI, I can vouch for this guys work. Yes, it is a side business, but he does excellent quality work. Of the dozens of WRX's and STI's that I've seen with his work, not one person has had a bad thing to say about his work. I've seen a few of them in person, as well as a 350Z conversion that he did for Adam at Z1 Performance. If your going to let anybody touch your headlights, this should be the guy. :tup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
DubyaSTI said:
Being a STI owner that frequents IWSTI, I can vouch for this guys work. Yes, it is a side business, but he does excellent quality work. Of the dozens of WRX's and STI's that I've seen with his work, not one person has had a bad thing to say about his work. I've seen a few of them in person, as well as a 350Z conversion that he did for Adam at Z1 Performance. If your going to let anybody touch your headlights, this should be the guy. :tup:
Good to see that someone can vouch for Cesar. Has he done any work for you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts