Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool actually. I much prefer highwayman's setup as well. I'm not too fond of gold rims. I'll have to surf the WRX websites to see if there are any for sale. Thanks for the heads up MM.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tony999 said:
Very cool actually. I much prefer highwayman's setup as well. I'm not too fond of gold rims. I'll have to surf the WRX websites to see if there are any for sale. Thanks for the heads up MM.
Email sent.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
highwayman said:
Email sent.
Thanks for the pics and info - looks great! Mine is an '07 but the wheels are the same... I've been surfing the WRX sites and should be able to grab a set soon.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Tony999 said:
Thanks for the pics and info - looks great! Mine is an '07 but the wheels are the same... I've been surfing the WRX sites and should be able to grab a set soon.
I think a lot of base 08 STi owners are looking to dump their fat fives for aftermarket so you should be able to get a good deal.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The sti rims withstand the weight of tribeca?
The one car is SUV and the other is sportscar.
The beca weighs 1900kgrs and the sti impreza 1400kgms its a difference I think......

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah sure...the rims will be fine, but you definitely cannot put the STi's TIRES on a Tribeca. It is the tires that carry the weight and they must be suitably rated for the load.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah the stock tires fit great though & actually fit a little better w/the wider rim. I did swap the STI caps out on mine though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
highwayman said:
Yeah the stock tires fit great though & actually fit a little better w/the wider rim. I did swap the STI caps out on mine though.
Ok the tyre ofcourse is from beca but the sti rim is strong enough to withstand the weight of HEAVIEST tribeca?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes they are both cast aluminum. The STI wheels are stout. Ths STI does not come equipped w/weak wheels. The stress placed on the wheels on my STI are far greater on Auto Cross & trackdays then they would be from the addl weight from a Tribeca.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts