Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed one of these in their Tribeca? Any thoughts?

I bought my 06 used with some major scratching on the cupholder roors and shifter surround. No idea what PO carried there but the factory parts are much more expensive than getting a dash kit adn installing myself, so I am looking for experience/advice/pics.

TIA,

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Yeah, none of those wood trim kits are very good:(

On the gray interior of those ebay pics it look rediculous too:lol: The beige interior would probably match better, but i wouldn't do it. My uncle put one in his 4Runner...didn't look bad, but ended up peeling after a year or so and was a b!tch to remove all the sticky residue left over when removed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
i bought the "titanium burl wood", grey burl wood finish synthetic but then there will not be any cracking that way :), matches the grey interior real nice, waiting for it to warm up before i install, was very pleased with the quality and finish, i ordered a 53pc kit through woodview.com 245.00 shipped!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
y1der said:
i bought the "titanium burl wood", grey burl wood finish synthetic but then there will not be any cracking that way :), matches the grey interior real nice, waiting for it to warm up before i install, was very pleased with the quality and finish, i ordered a 53pc kit through woodview.com 245.00 shipped!
I hope you post some pics when you're done. I'd like to see how it comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
i put a dash on my maxima that still going strong after 3 years without the extra adhesive just the sticky backing. The two vents ones near the front window peeled off with no damage but did peel up alittle after on hot days
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
snork said:
Yeah, none of those wood trim kits are very good:(

On the gray interior of those ebay pics it look rediculous too:lol: The beige interior would probably match better, but i wouldn't do it. My uncle put one in his 4Runner...didn't look bad, but ended up peeling after a year or so and was a b!tch to remove all the sticky residue left over when removed.
Really ??? Think again mate.... I got my installed and absolutely not gonna come back to the factory grey plastic though.... the kit is much much better seeing outside than in photo... match perfectly with beige color... and lasted 2 years so far without any issue
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
Like I said, the wood matches the beige interior pretty good...but the grey would be pretty ugly IMHO.

The longevity of these kits also depends on your local climate. Being in Australia I'd guess you to be in a more moderate area (hot summer, but no extreme cold winter). Here in the northeast US, we get -17°C winters and 37°C summers which wreak havoc on the adhesive with all the expansion and contraction.

Also, what's the red stripe in your pics? Just protective tape during installation? Otherwise I think that looks pretty good:tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
snork said:
Like I said, the wood matches the beige interior pretty good...but the grey would be pretty ugly IMHO.

The longevity of these kits also depends on your local climate. Being in Australia I'd guess you to be in a more moderate area (hot summer, but no extreme cold winter). Here in the northeast US, we get -17°C winters and 37°C summers which wreak havoc on the adhesive with all the expansion and contraction.

Also, what's the red stripe in your pics? Just protective tape during installation? Otherwise I think that looks pretty good:tup:
Ditto, what's with all those red edges? Although the wood color flows well with beige, I'm not feeling the fake wood.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top