Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gratefully remember when I was a computer programmer, a data base provider used to send their customers a wish list form each end of year
The play was write down all features hope. Then a final list was release and published. The best part was that vendor had compromised add 10 first places
I had 3 month (and first 5,000 Km) now on my new 09 Tribeca and –hoping Subaru mimics this DB vendor- here is my list
1. 18 gallon gas tank
2. Small horn when lock doors using remote
3. Buzzer if you leave keys on starter
4. Rear bump guard (black rubber strip) protecting from luggage as standard
5. Audible Braking park warning (my ex-Hyunday Santa Fe has it!)
6. Bluetooth
7. Coin holders
8. Computer should warn about maintenance in place of setting partial odometers/dates
9. TPMS for export vehicles (My doesn’t have)
10. Electric Retractable exterior mirrors

·
Registered
308 Posts
I agree with some, others we have in the US.
1. 18-gallon tank would be very nice.
2. US-market Tribeca beeps when locking doors - if driver's door is closed but another door is open, there are 5 beeps.
7. Coin holders would be very nice - I use the inside grab handle to store my coins.
10. - probably only the Japanese market gets electric retractable mirrors.

·
Registered
53 Posts
SubieDriver said:
Heh, oops. You're absolutely right. So that probably means no Tribecas have electrically retracting mirrors.
I thought when I was looking at getting mine, the South American ones has retractable mirrors, there is a Tribeca model somewhere that has this (08 model year atleast), casue I wanted it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well, mine ('07) are retractable, but not electrically-retractable. Just manually-folding. If there are some markets that have electrically-folding mirrors, then I stand corrected yet again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Electrically retracting mirrors are standard in the UK. I've only ever used them to entertain the kids though!

Increased range is the most important thing for me. I'd prefer better economy but a bigger tank would do. I doubt we'll sell ours for many many years so all of these ideas are just pie in the sky. I managed 27mpg (UK Gallons) on a long run a couple of weeks ago - best so far.
I would imagine that the '08 has at least partially resolved the engine/gearbox/weight mismatch of the earlier models but they haven't been officially imported over here. Unless the diesel materialises I guess the Tribeca will remain a one year ('07) flop in the UK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts