Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a wireless brake controller make by Tekonsha (Prodigy RF). I am towing a pop up that has electric brakes that I want to utilize. Has anybody had experience with this wireless controller? Benefit is that is does not require anything to be mounted under the dash, and not as intrusive on the wiring.

·
Registered
139 Posts
To put it bluntly, I wouldnt touch a wireless brake controller with a ten-foot pole. RF transmissions are insecure, spotty at times, and most are dependant on batteries at one or both ends. For me, those are too many variables that could go wrong for me to be comfortable...and with something safety-related like a brake controller, even one is unacceptable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested, I got the wireless Tekonsha brake controller and it works great for the Tribecca. Definitely makes a huge difference on steep mountain roads where the anti-lock brake sytem had a very defficult time. No mounting under the dashboard needed. Power is provided by the car with a safety feature in case power is lost (need 7 pin RV connection). I am pulling a Coleman Utah pop-up and it has made a major difference in towing comfort level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts