Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done this in my Civics, but they don't have the Airbags in the A pillar. Where did you guys mount your detector and where did you run the wiring into the interior fuse panel?

Ideally, I'd like to mount the detector up by the rear view mirror. Then run the wire along the roof, down the A pillar and into the fuse panel. Did anyone run into any complications? Does the curtain airbags get in the way? I've never taken a Subaru apart and I don't want to mess up our nice new B9.

·
449 Posts
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5960

That's where I grabbed the power for our detector. I have ours mounted in the center of the dash low. I tucked the wire inbetween the dash and bottom of the windscreen. Myself, I was reluctant to mess with the A pillar tirm due to the SRS airbag. I get a little hinkey about the explosive stuff and prying things off.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peaty said:
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5960

That's where I grabbed the power for our detector. I have ours mounted in the center of the dash low. I tucked the wire inbetween the dash and bottom of the windscreen. Myself, I was reluctant to mess with the A pillar tirm due to the SRS airbag. I get a little hinkey about the explosive stuff and prying things off.
Thanks for posting up the link. So you ran the wire from the interior fuse panel then behind and up through the dash; tucking in wire between the dash and windshield? Do you leave yours up all the time or do you take it down? Oh, I'd like to see your set up on your windshield if you ever get the chance.

In our Civics, b/c it is high up by the rear view mirror, I never take it down.

·
449 Posts
My wife drives the B9 daily and for the most part we leave it up there. If we park downtown or anyplace other than work or home we take it down. It is a pain to reach over and get it since we are both relatively small people and it's a long way over there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts