Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their wiper blades under warranty? I beleive they are covered for 3 years 36K miles.

Id so wondering if any Canadians with US Tribecas have been re-imbursed, don't think the Canadian vehicles are covered for this.

I like to replace mine no more then every two years, cheap safety item.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yup, covered under warranty. Whenever ours streaks or skips even just a little, I have the dealer replace them. I've had them replaced 3x's and we only have 26k miles on her.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Yup, covered under warranty. Whenever ours streaks or skips even just a little, I have the dealer replace them. I've had them replaced 3x's and we only have 26k miles on her.
Ahhh.. I didn't know that. Good info. Thnx.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Our dealer is a little more stingy on the wiper replacements. My sister and I both have one year + old Subarus and they keep holding off on replacing the wipers when getting the standard oil and lube. I guess they really need to be streaking.

So if you took a road trip to the US and had it serviced at a Subaru dealer, I wonder if you could finesse a warranty pair of wipers from them the next time you need wipers? I take long road trips in my Tribeca and have had an oil change done at a Subaru dealership a thousand miles from home.

·
Registered
65 Posts
$18.00 US + tax, that's not too bad for a pair of wipers, installed for free. Not that it's too tough to do on your own.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fidodaputa said:
I live in BC, Canada. I was told that the wipers are not under warranty. The wipers cost $25 CAD to replace both wipers.
Just to confirm, is your Tribeca a CDN or US model? Mine is an imported US model.

They are coved in the US, and the way it works for warranty work is pay the CDN dealer and send invoice to Subaru USA and they send me a check.

I might have some warranty work on my torque converter so i will inquire with Subaru USA then about wipers.

My initial inquiry was if any Canadians with imported 08 or 09 models have had the wipers replaced and received re-imbursement from Subaru USA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Magic Marker said:
my dealer replaced only once under warranty and he said - "thats it!" you are lucky that your dealer replaced several times.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Andrey said:
my dealer replaced only once under warranty and he said - "thats it!" you are lucky that your dealer replaced several times.
People should be calling Subaru about this. They (Fuji Heavy Industries, dba Subaru) warranty their product, and it's the dealers' responsibility to honor that warranty. The dealers get reimbursed for the wipers and for the tech's time spent installing by Subaru, so they aren't losing money.

I can guarantee Subaru doesn't want shady, corner-cutting dealers ruining the Subaru brand's reputation.

FWIW, my dealer's replaced my blades twice already, and going to do it again in about a week :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Magic Marker said:
So I went in for a wiper blade replacement and they said SOA told them to try clean the blades and windshield first. It worked for about a day......It's going back b/c the passenger blade skips bad and makes way too much noise.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmm, think I'll wait until next spring and then just replace the blades with refills. Tried to find winter blades, but could only change out the passenger side :mad:. If your driving in a "driving" snow, it still packs up on the wipers. All the heater "tape" does is to heat up the windshield. If the blades are moving "to and fro" across the windshield, it's a little tough to melt the packed snow on the blades.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a USA 08 in Canada, and I did not know wipers were covered, so I replaced them last week as they have been bad for a while (now @30k.)

For the cost of a stamp I could send in a re-imbursement request and see what hapoens.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found OEM wiper blades for my 06 Beca. My local CarQuest store has them. And they were half the price that my dealer was selling them for. By the way, I live in Toronto, Canada.

You're welcome!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I couldn't find the whole blade anywhere for our US model '07 B9. The dealer wanted $108 for all 3! Finally found some "guaranteed" to fit @ autopartswarehouse....shipped quick and they didn't fit. Went to autozone and got wiper refills that work Perfect for $7 : )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts