Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well looks like the Rain-x Latitude is not the one for the Tribeca. Learned something new, when you see a wiper that says "Large J hook", it does not mean 12 x 4.

Good news is the Latitudes will fit a 2013 Legacy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wiper Arms

Just was thinking of this while at work so do not know if it is a valid ? to ask but why not replace drivers side arm with passenger side arms or just aftermarket ones that will fit aftermarket blades. Might be thinking to much into the problem but I really like to be able to go to the parts store, Buy, Replace and through away all the trash in one fail swoop. Will post update tonight when I get home to see if this is a viable fix to all of our situations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i altered my factory arm by grinding and bending it to match the width and shape of the passanger side arm so now it takes standard replacement blades

oh i painted it black after grinding

Steve

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fireman1073, are you worried about the freshly exposed metal rusting under your paint? What kind of paint did you use, I'm always worried about metal rusting through paint. What did you use to bend it? How well does the standard blade fit in there now, and has it popped out at all? Hot_H2O, I wasn't interested in changing the whole arm, just altering the existing one to fit standard size winter blades or silicone ones...

·
Registered
18 Posts
painted it with off the shelf satin black, nothing special

i heated the end with a propane torch and bent it with a hammer, using a bolt inside the u to keep it from bending too much then cut off excess metal to match passenger side arm

sand smooth, paint, let dry, install off the shelf blade

i used a bosch icon 24 inch i believe

just match the passenger arm number but measure the driver side for correct length

i think it was a 24a blade not sure though (i threw out the receipt)

·
Registered
42 Posts
2010 Tribeca driver wiper blades - Bosch 26A

So, I went to replace the wiper blades on my 09 Tribeca...

I originally wanted to buy the Bosch Icons for them, because I've used those in my previous cars and loved them. The Tribeca isn't listed for the Icon on the Bosch website. :confused:

So, I go to the RainX website and see that the Latitudes are available for the Tribeca...I actually remember seeing those at the dealership, so I went to the dealership (I get 10% off accessories since I bought the car there). I bought them, walked outside to put them on...They don't fit! I must be crazy, because it can't be THAT difficult to put wiper blades on my car, right? So I walk inside and ask for one of the service guys to give it a go...He looked at the wiper and said "Oh, the RainX blades don't work on the Tribeca."

According to the service guy, who seemed to know what he was talking about, Subaru has been using this "old technology" (as he called it) on the Tribecas and not using the newer updated arms/hooks. So I asked what I could get to put on for new wiper blades, and he said "Probably just Subaru ones." If I heard that statement before all my attempts for other blades, I'd think he was pulling my leg, but I'm almost tempted to believe him now.

There has got to be someone else out there that's encountered the same problem before...Anyone? What'd you do?
Tried Bosch 26A as per Walmart crossreference and do not fit drivers side. Hook width is too large for wiper. Going to try Subaru OEM refill part

·
Registered
74 Posts
If anyone was wondering i got a set of Bosch Aerotwin Wiper Blades and they work perfectly, I got mine from the UK as they were a lot cheaper but below is the part numbers.

Driver's Side: AR 65 N
https://au.bosch-automotive-shop.co...ils/3397008844/aerotwin-retrofit-ar65n-single

Passenger's Side: AR 50 N
https://au.bosch-automotive-shop.co...ils/3397008841/aerotwin-retrofit-ar50n-single
Thank You Rakddon for the update. I looked up that wiper blade at a US store (Advanced Auto) and it states it does not fit.

If you get a chance, can you tell me if the width of the hook on the driver side wiper arm is the same as the one on the passenger arm. In the US, our Tribeca's driver side is wider than the passenger side. That limits our choice of wiper blades.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank You Rakddon for the update. I looked up that wiper blade at a US store (Advanced Auto) and it states it does not fit.

If you get a chance, can you tell me if the width of the hook on the driver side wiper arm is the same as the one on the passenger arm. In the US, our Tribeca's driver side is wider than the passenger side. That limits our choice of wiper blades.
Here is a link that states it will fit assuming the USDM Tribeca is B9.

https://www.vaseautodoplnky.cz/predni-sterac-pro-subaru-tribeca--2006-2014--bosch-aerotwin-ar65n/

Avanced Auto Parts doesnt have it listed on their site when i searched and bosch usa doesnt even have the part listed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is a link that states it will fit assuming the USDM Tribeca is B9.

https://www.vaseautodoplnky.cz/predni-sterac-pro-subaru-tribeca--2006-2014--bosch-aerotwin-ar65n/

Avanced Auto Parts doesnt have it listed on their site when i searched and bosch usa doesnt even have the part listed.
Thank you for the link. The images from vaseautodoplnky website did not show both the driver side and the passenger side.

I searched for Bosch Aerotwin and I found it. Expensive compared to the ICONs. If you search Advanced Auto by model, then you get only passenger side and rear wipers. They don't even care the 26in refills.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the link. The images from vaseautodoplnky website did not show both the driver side and the passenger side.

I searched for Bosch Aerotwin and I found it. Expensive compared to the ICONs. If you search Advanced Auto by model, then you get only passenger side and rear wipers. They don't even care the 26in refills.
Of course it doesnt as AR65N is the driver's side only.

I did say i got mine from UK as they are cheaper, links below from where i purchased from:

Driver's Side: AR 65 N
Genuine BOSCH 3397008844 / AR65N HCV Windscreen Flat Wiper Blade | eBay

Passenger's Side: AR 50 N
Genuine BOSCH 3397008841 / AR50N HCV Windscreen Flat Wiper Blade | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really?...Nobody else has tried to replace their wiper blades yet?
I bought the 09 Tribeca a year and a half ago. my driver side blade arm is wider then all the normal after market blades so I had to buy one from Subaru. but I still haven't installed it as the stock blade is still wiping great. they are without a doubt the best made blades I've ever used most leave streaks after 6 months i live in ontario so they were on during winter as well. to me worth the money. I believe the car may have been in the lot for years before as well. I tried Amazon 1 company claimed to have blades that fit. they didn't returned them.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts