Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well if you have an 06-07, you're pretty much stuck using OEM replacements. The left 26" blade is a wide insert, which is non-standard, but Peaty seems to have found inserts @ Napa that fit but my local shop didn't carry them.

And if you get whole blade assemblies, they arms use the standard U-hook, but the shape is non-standard so again you're stuck getting OEM blades.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Has anyone confirmed if 08 arms will fit 06-07 yet? I think someone was waiting on parts to try it out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
snork said:
Well if you have an 06-07, you're pretty much stuck using OEM replacements. The left 26" blade is a wide insert, which is non-standard, but Peaty seems to have found inserts @ Napa that fit but my local shop didn't carry them.

And if you get whole blade assemblies, they arms use the standard U-hook, but the shape is non-standard so again you're stuck getting OEM blades.
It's the same on the 08's, I bought Michelin brand at Costco Canada and no dice, drive side is like 1.5X the width of what I'm use to seeing. I'm under US warranty so I should be able to get a set for free I hope.

·
Registered
552 Posts
You can get inserts or the whole blade assemblies from a dealer (online too). They should have the inserts instock, but would probably need to order the blades unless they're a bigger dealer with a good parts dept.

I ordered 3 sets of inserts from subarugenuineparts.com (they seem to have the best rep over on nasioc.com) to have some replacements in hand and make the shipping costs worth it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wiper blades are covered under warranty, and have mine replaced by dealer. It, unfortunately depends on dealer, but on paper, its included.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, it should be covered under warranty, but its more a PITA to go to the dealer just for wipers:( I don't go to the dealer for my regular service.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
Yeah, it should be covered under warranty, but its more a PITA to go to the dealer just for wipers:( I don't go to the dealer for my regular service.
Luckily, our dealer is very local. I've already had all the wipers replace 2-3 times under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts