Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No rock chips, nothing wrong with the glass at all. My wife was driving along and she hood a loud pop and noticed the windshield cracked. ANyone us have this issue? I turning it in under warranty as I feel this was a flawed windshield and should be noted.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm...yeah, that is unusual. Hope the stealership doesn't try to weasel out of it, would be hard to prove the glass was actually flawed vs. a simple rock:(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its most likely had something impact it. You don't see too many stress cracked windshields these days. just follow the crack from one end to the other. at some point, you should see or feel the impact point with your fingernail.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine got nailed a few months back while I was waiting at an intersection to turn left. It happened just as an oncoming land-yacht passed me in the nearest oncoming lane. There was a loud pop but after pulling it over under some lights, it was clear something large struck the windshield like a full can of soda or something to that effect. It was then that I realized that the dumb-ass hick/jocks driving the large SUV probably threw something as they passed. :mad: What sucks is one week later, a large pebble struck the other side and left a decent pockmark chip in the glass. I'm glad I didn't replace the windshiled before the second impact. I still haven't in fact... :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts