Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Administrator
737 Posts
OE switch is cheaper to buy than aftermarket if you can wait to have it shipped from one of the discounting dealer outlets.
How much is it? I just ordered the Maxima switch for 40 and plan to disassemble like I did for cleaning.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Sorry, I have to take my statement back if that's the case. My understanding was that availability was the main issue. OE switch + shipping will always be over $100. I looked at the AutoZone link above but missed the one at Amazon.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Sorry, I have to take my statement back if that's the case. My understanding was that availability was the main issue. OE switch + shipping will always be over $100. I looked at the AutoZone link above but missed the one at Amazon.
Oh ok. Will let you know how it works either way.

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Swapping out with the Maxima switch that was linked to did not work. It resulted in a smoky mess.

Reactions: avk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered the whole drivers main control off Ebay the other day for $80, used not new. But I got the whole thing trim and all so just pop out the old, plug in the wires and pop it back in. My old one worked but some times the drivers window you had to hold the button up or down for quite a few seconds before it would work. Figured better to change it before it gets stuck down. Thought I'd save the 30-40 bucks over buying a new switch. Also haven't decided if I'm going to keep this one or sell it, I bought it to drive around on Forest Service roads and the fuel mileage in the woods is terrible so don't want to put any more money into it than I have to.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Swapping out with the Maxima switch that was linked to did not work. It resulted in a smoky mess.
At least the damage should be limited to the incompatible switch, knowing that the system is not tied into the body control module. My suggestion would be to use this as an opportunity to get a Subaru switch with auto-up option, 83071XA05A.
I did read that some Nissan switches were compatible but perhaps it was not this particular one.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts