Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the restyled Tribeca, have you noticed wind noise when driving at highway speeds? Call me crazy, but the noise seems to eminate from the grille. It is definitely not from the sidemirrors as I've heard on my previous Impreza and Legacy. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I noticed more wind noise when I went from my '05 Legacy to my '07 Tribeca. I haven't spent any real time trying to track down the source, but on my '07, it sounds like it's coming from the side mirrors or the A-pillars.

Not sure if the source would be similar or vastly different from '07 to '08.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Unfortunately front end wind noise on the 08 is not comparable to an 07 considering the vastly different shapes and aerodynamics.

On our 07 I haven't noticed any front end/mirror/A-pillar noises that I would consider out of the ordinary. I do ocassionally get a sucking noise from the back seat driver's side door, but I think the seal is just slightly open at times (my wife likes to leave grocery bags and such hanging in the door...warping the seals sometimes:eek: )

·
Registered
26 Posts
No wind noise

Everything is fine with our 08 Tribeca . Do you have the Cross-bars? If so, it could be the issue (had a lot of wind noise with the 02 Outback. Solved it by reversing them (rear facing)...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I listened a little today, and I can't attribute it to any single area or source. There's just a slightly greater overall noise level compared to my Legacy. Nothing obtrusive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have driven about 600 miles high way on the 08. All quiet here (even on snow tires). Step ouside though, the engine is a bit noisy. I'm not sure it's typical for big 6 cyl or not, this is my first big car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Subaru engines tend to have a bit of a mechanical sound when idling and then become more quiet as you pick up speed. at least thats what I have noticed.
Have you ever heard a porsche with a flat 6 idling, it sounds like something is broken inside.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts