Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SCCI and was curious if I could hook it up to the stock unit so I can have sirius in the Tribeca? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This forum isn't as busy as some, so it can take longer to get an answer on occasion...

Not familiar with the particular tuner you're talking about, but best guess is it should work as the 07 and up radios are Sat ready/capable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure it would, it's just the connection Subaru used on the back of the radio that worries me, can't find a good picture of it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wouldn't worry about it too much, a good audio shop can hook it up no problem and any wire can be spliced to fit if necessary (even if you're doing the install yourself, shouldn't be that big a deal).

·
Registered
17 Posts
dbsimms63 said:
http://www.tss-radio.com/products/universal-sirius-factory-kit-for-car-radios
well of all the things I've come across, this looks like the best solution. And since I have the SCC-1 already, I will only have to spend $130. A lot better than Subaru's highway robbery $300!
Ah, it's just a direct-connect FM modulator (albeit a nicer one, with more features than most)...
About the FMRDS-USB Pro:
The DICE FMRDS-USB PRO is a hardwired FM-modulator kit that allows you to connect a USB thumb drive, iPod/iPhone, or SIRIUS Satellite Radio tuner (SCC1) directly to your vehicle's factory FM radio. It offers a direct connection and audio playback with text display (with RDS compatible factory stereo) and remote control for nearly all factory FM radios

NOTE: This product goes in line with your vehicle's AM/FM antenna and may require an additional antenna adapter to fit.
See this thread for PAC Audio's "uPAC-SB1," a solution that connects to the OEM HU's 20-pin expansion bus socket. Verify compatibility with your model and year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SVXdc said:
Ah, it's just an direct-connect FM modulator (albeit a nicer one, with more features than most)...

See this thread for PAC Audio's "uPAC-SB1," a solution that connects to the OEM HU's 20-pin expansion bus socket. Verify compatibility with your model and year.

Unfortunately the PAC units won't add Sirius to the OEM unit. I found out about these units already and called them about the application. It just allows ipod and HD radio integration into the system, but you can't run the SCC-1 with it and have Sirius. They said the unit can't talk to the HU. I said, why would it matter whether the signal was HD radio or decoded Sirius, why wouldn't it work, and they just came back with sorry, it won't. If you know of something to the contrary, please let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
:confused:

PAC's site shows the uPAC-SIRCBL cable is compatible with their uPAC-* modules for most other cars. I don't understand why it won't work with the uPAC-SB1 for Subarus.

BTW, the uPAC-SIRCBL cable is overpriced on PAC's site, but I saw it on Amazon for around $30.

According to these guys, PAC's ISSB571 (similar to the uPAC-SB1) is compatible with the uPAC-SIRCBL and SCC1. I suggest calling them to verify (and perhaps make them agree to give a full refund if they're wrong).

PAC told people more than a year ago that they were working on a firmware fix. If they haven't released one by now, it doesn't sound like they ever will.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SVXdc said:
:confused:

PAC's site shows the uPAC-SIRCBL cable is compatible with their uPAC-* modules for most other cars. I don't understand why it won't work with the uPAC-SB1 for Subarus.

BTW, the uPAC-SIRCBL cable is overpriced on PAC's site, but I saw it on Amazon for around $30.

According to these guys, PAC's ISSB571 (similar to the uPAC-SB1) is compatible with the uPAC-SIRCBL and SCC1. I suggest calling them to verify (and perhaps make them agree to give a full refund if they're wrong).

PAC told people more than a year ago that they were working on a firmware fix. If they haven't released one by now, it doesn't sound like they ever will.
I talked to a senior engineer with PAC and he explained you could connect the ISSB571 to the Subaru HU, but that Subarus encryption doesn't allow for the unit to decode the signal from the SCC-1. They want you to have to buy their overpriced unit to have satellite. If there was a way to put a Clarion Sirius Radio Interface Adapter, such as the CLA-SC1, inline with the ISSB571 it might work since the OEM sirius unit is a Clarion piece and maybe it would be the same encryption, but I don't know. And when you buy all the pieces, you will spend around $150-200 and it may not work and you might not be able to get a full refund. It's a gamble. The other way I linked to will work, and shows some of the info and plays through the HU, so I think I can live with it. It will still be cleaner than having a windshield mounted Sirius unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
This might work! Let me know what you think.
Go from the SCC-1 to Clarion CLA-SC1 to CCA ipod, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_711wt_908, to the PAC ISSB571 to the head unit. The only problem I see is the CCAipod interface. Where the Clarion CeNET connector attaches to the CCAipod is an output I'm sure, but I would need it to be an input so I can convert from the CeNET type of connector to a standard 8 pin that the ISSB571 would accept, which it may do since the CeNET connector comes off leaving an 8-pin connector end, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10191_Clarion-CCA-iPod.html . Then the signal from it would be like an ipod signal that the Subie HU might just accept. Let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts