Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My lease is up this week on my B9 (it's been an absolutely great 3 years with this car) and I'd like to remove the Remote Starter (RS) as I had purchased this out of pocket.

I noticed that the part no. for the B9's RS is H001SXA000 and the one for the Legacy is H001SAG000.

I looked at the manual for both and the parts look identical down to even the main module with 16/24/10 way ports. I'm just taking a stab that the difference may lie in the RS harness but since I don't have a Legacy RS to compare to it remains just a guess.

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two and if they are interchangeable (meaning can I install the B9's RS in the Legacy)?

TIA!,
Tim

·
Registered
180 Posts
If it doesn't work, you can at least sell it to buy a new RS for the leggy.

$ wise, look at aftermarket units too. Usually cheaper with more options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was looking to give this to my wife's cousin, she just got an '07 Legacy. She's a recent college grad and doesn't have a lot of $$$ right now so aftermarket is out for now.

Thx for the reply!

P.S. Going to check in with the parts dept at my local dealer to see if they know and will post back later.

·
Registered
552 Posts
It would "probably" work, but it wouldn't be plug-n-play as the wiring harnesses are different. Also the Suby remote starts for the Tribeca requiring dealer programming, so even if you DIY...you still gotta make a trip to the dealer for final programming:( I'd imagine the Leggys are the same too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts