Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anybody tell me if the male to female connectors to a Subaru Impreza 2.5I 2006 / 2007 subwoofer or Subaru Forester 2.5X Subwoofer 2006 / 2008 are the same as the 2006 Tribeca. That fix under the driver sit. PLEASE someone HELP. I found a great deal on them and I want to make sure before buying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
BUMP BUMP I'd like to know this two

the wrx and tribeca woofers look the same dimension wise but the tribeca woofer is nearly a hundred dollars more. Each has a model specific mount kit.

Are the mount/woofer mount holes different on the wrx and tribeca woofers? are the connectors to the head unit different? is the harness completely different.

Help us SB9T one Kenobi your our only hope

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jrm said:
the wrx and tribeca woofers look the same dimension wise but the tribeca woofer is nearly a hundred dollars more. Each has a model specific mount kit.

Are the mount/woofer mount holes different on the wrx and tribeca woofers? are the connectors to the head unit different? is the harness completely different.

Help us SB9T one Kenobi your our only hope
Hi jrm

I just want to know if the connection are the same, because to mount it under the seat. Could be done with anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have a feeling the DIN connectors

puffyy said:
Hi jrm

I just want to know if the connection are the same, because to mount it under the seat. Could be done with anything.
on the harness and head unit are different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jrm said:
on the harness and head unit are different.
So buying a wrx one is out of the question. So we have to spend the extra 100 to get one that will work. That sucks. I wait and see if I could find a used one out there for 100$.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just asked on subarupartswarehouse.com

and they dont know the difference. next is going straight to subaru.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jrm said:
and they dont know the difference. next is going straight to subaru.
I have asked subaru one guy said that it would work fine. The other guy said that the connectors are all different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One way to find out

would be looking at the install directions for each subwoofer ad nsee if they make any reference to the number DIN connector that goes in the back of the head unit and if each gets its pwoer the same way.

Im at work and dont have the install directions in front of me.

puffyy said:
I have asked subaru one guy said that it would work fine. The other guy said that the connectors are all different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jrm said:
would be looking at the install directions for each subwoofer ad nsee if they make any reference to the number DIN connector that goes in the back of the head unit and if each gets its pwoer the same way.

Im at work and dont have the install directions in front of me.
When you say in the back of the head unit, are you talking about the main radio. Or the connector that is under the driver seat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Subaru reply

Yup,,,
puffyy said:
When you say in the back of the head unit, are you talking about the main radio. Or the connector that is under the driver seat.

Q: Can i ask what the difference is between the H630SFG000 & H630SXA000 subwoofer is? Can i use a H630SFG000 in a tribeca?

A: No canno't use the H630SfG000 in you'r car because that is for a different style radio than what you have in the tribeca.

Oh well i have found a tribeca sw for $235 so i guess thats it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't think that anyone has asked the question yet, but I'm assuming you don't have the 7 passenger LTD?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have an '07 Limited, with the dinky subwoofer way in the back where it's basically useless. I was looking for an underseat sub and found one for an '06 for about $100, but the '07 was $200. They also both stated they were for the non-limited version (which doesn't have the sub in back).
What huge difference would cause that big of a difference in price?
...and why don't they offer an under-seat sub if you already have the worthless sub way out back?

I'd gladly disconnect the one in back to put in an under-seat one - I have one in my Legacy and it works just great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SubieDriver said:
I have an '07 Limited, with the dinky subwoofer way in the back where it's basically useless. I was looking for an underseat sub and found one for an '06 for about $100, but the '07 was $200. They also both stated they were for the non-limited version (which doesn't have the sub in back).
What huge difference would cause that big of a difference in price?
...and why don't they offer an under-seat sub if you already have the worthless sub way out back?

I'd gladly disconnect the one in back to put in an under-seat one - I have one in my Legacy and it works just great.
Where did you find a sub for 100$, and do they have any more.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It also appears that I may have been mistaken in my assumption a year ago. I had thought that the subwoofer was only available for the base models, because they didn't have a sub in back, but according to the info on the Subaru Parts site, they work for both base and limited, but the base model requires the installation kit, which is an additional $21.46.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SubieDriver said:
It also appears that I may have been mistaken in my assumption a year ago. I had thought that the subwoofer was only available for the base models, because they didn't have a sub in back, but according to the info on the Subaru Parts site, they work for both base and limited, but the base model requires the installation kit, which is an additional $21.46.
I spoke to a subaru dealer here in Montreal. They said that the wiring is pre-wired under the driver seat. Would you have any pictures of the connector. I was looking under the seat, and I'm not to sure what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't have any pictures. I haven't even looked under there myself, so I don't have any additional information.

Does anyone else have any info? Have you installed a subwoofer in a Tribeca?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SubieDriver said:
Okay, I've ordered myself a subwoofer. When it arrives I'll share some details on my attempts to install it.
Great can't wait. You got to tell me how it sound.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts