Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tdown: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :mad:
ok well today i left the parking lights on (the switch on top of the steering wheel) for about ten minutes while i was taking pics.

Suddeny the parking lights went out. Now I drove the b9 and noticed that the tail lights will not turn on. I have to drive tonight, and have to now run it on the high ways with no tails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help, any ideas?????????????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmmmmm

yea well last night i had to drive 177 miles with no tails. Now this morning I will check the fuses but last night i did remove and reinstall the tail light relay, however the problem is in the parking lights seeing as though the front oranges dont light either..

Where would the blown one be....

well its 6 am and im going to hit the road soon, dont need tails for now but tonight im hittin the home stretch.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm, dunno...sounds like something you should probably get to a dealer ASAP to check out. Let us know what the verdict is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem solved

Well this morning I opened up the manual and found the page where it lists all the fuses out. Turned out that the inside fuse #14 third row down, second one in was blown. I changed it out the the lights finally turned on. I should have found it sooner but w/e.

My guess to the fuse cause was the aftermarket wirelass backup camera i put in, which was powered by the license plate light socket (I set it up so that it would display image constantly) the light socket put out 5w and i guess the camera overrode the system due to its being constantly on!

Thanks guys for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts