Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
It may seem as a simple question, but I wonder what would be the most proper placement of two jack stands under the Tribeca (front)? (I plan to replace the front stabilizer link bushings). I will lift one side of the vehicle at a time.

I do not want do do any damage to the car when lowering the hydralic lift....

Thanks for any input!

·
Banned
385 Posts

·
Administrator
674 Posts
I rarely think twice about where I am jacking any of my vehicles up by. I once jacked a vehicle up by it's brake lines. That was the end of any carelessness for me.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Pretty cool idea
However wouldnt ramps do the same thing? HOwever, it looks like this would raise it a bit higher.
I had rams and got rid of them quickly....1. they were lower 2. there was a risk of driving too far, past the edge and causing car damage as a result 3. it is a nerve-wracking experience trying to use them in a garage 4. good luck with 4 ramps for diff fluid change 5. this is wood and it would support the weight of a tank! ;-)

·
Administrator
674 Posts
I had rams and got rid of them quickly....1. they were lower 2. there was a risk of driving too far, past the edge and causing car damage as a result 3. it is a nerve-wracking experience trying to use them in a garage 4. good luck with 4 ramps for diff fluid change 5. this is wood and it would support the weight of a tank! ;-)
Yeah, point 3 is an especially interesting experience. My Rhinoramps don't budge and I have never been over the edge, but I feel you.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Rhino ramps actually have rubber feet that pick up and move if you "over drive" the ramps. It's pretty difficult to drive off the front of them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a set of the higher load capacity rhino things. I set the car on them with the floor jacks if I need to torque something with the wheels laden.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts