Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Installed mine today. Very easy and I mounted my detector right above the NJ inspection sticker. I removed the side panel, ran the wire up and through the seams in the paneling. I actually wanted to mount the detector by the rear view mirror, but the black matrix isn't suction cup friendly.

So here is what the final install looks like.

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the way I did mine except I used velcro and attached it to the dash in the same spot just lower. I know it's not the optium place but it prevents having to stick it on the window leaving marks for thieves to see and when you put up a sunscreen it hides the detector nicely. I can take pics later.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Peaty said:
That's the way I did mine except I used velcro and attached it to the dash in the same spot just lower. I know it's not the optium place but it prevents having to stick it on the window leaving marks for thieves to see and when you put up a sunscreen it hides the detector nicely. I can take pics later.
True, it is definitly not the ideal place for a detector. I much rather have it high up by the rear view mirror, but that damn black dot matrix won't allow my suction cups.

For the past 2+ years, I've never taken off my detectors; always in plain site. So far so good (knock on virtural wood). In our Civics, I had them mounted up high by the rear view mirrors, so they were somewhat concealed, but if you looked it was pretty obvious. Never been stolen or attempts to be stolen.

I may use your idea and just use a friction mount for the detector in lieu of adhesive and velcro for easy removal.

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in a college town and there is a lot of smash and grab going on. Not the college students mind you but others preying on them. Also, my wife parks at the airport a lot. It seem to be working find though. The other thing is others find it hard to see. That means less leaches following you and cops seeing it. Police tend to not like detectors. The other reason (and it was a big one) my wife and I can reach it easily to change the settings and hit the mute. Where it was on the glass it was too far away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts