Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the 2007 subaru tribeca ( ez30d) 3.0 engine i am looking for the oil pressure switches. i can only see one i think it is one atleast on the drivers side to the left of the solenoid. on the passenger side i see a solenoid but no oil switch. also on the back of the passenger side i see another solenoid i think its for oil but i dont see and oil pressure switch??? is there one on the drivers side back of the head under the cover? please can some one help point this out with a real picture of their engine?...please

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if your looking at the engine from front there is 1 switch next to a oil solenoid at the top front of engine/ head. there is another solenoid at the same spot but passenger ide. buttt so pressure switch. i looked at back of engine and didnt see one either on top of head just a solenoid. i learn from literal engine pic and schematics help but not as much as a visual. i wish there were more people that have fixed this issue and had pics

·
Registered
547 Posts

you see that thingy between oil cooler.filter and the black rubber hose, it is a silver nut with a wire contact point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know that there are 2 solenoids at front of engine but the drivers side solenoid has a oil pressure switch to the left of it. im looking for the 2nd one on the assenger side head top front of engine is what everyone is saying?? also at the back of both heads in same positions as front there are other oil solenoids. or are they the VVL solenoids? i put car on scanner and threw p0011 code and the snap on scanner sais to replace oil ressure switch or switches in bank 1 where is bank one??

·
Registered
547 Posts
before you go any further have you change oil and mainly an oil filter yet?
This is the first thing that should be done, as far as I know h6 and h4 have different flow rate on filter but both will fit so it is possible you just have the wrong filter on and the sensors at all working telling you that oil pressure is too low?

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
That's a great point, actually - a lot of shops have the wrong filter #s for the EZ series motors. What's the part # on your filter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i atually had this error before my oil change which was saturday and i changed my oil and filter all new. i know its a fram high mileage filter but thats all i know. i see your arroms but arent they all solenoids? there is a oil pressure switch right next to the front right kind tucked down and to left. but i cant see the other bank 1 sensor to save my life. are all four solenoids?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i see in your picture the 2 front solenoids what are their part numbers? and the 2 on the rear are they the same or different?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts