Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After we got our Tribeca I saw several posting concerning the wear on the leather. This was especially evident with the Tan leather which is what we have. With this in mind I conditioned the seating with Lexol within the first week of having our car. I plan on doing so regularly to hopefully limit the wear.

My question is what is leather and what is not. I know they say it's the seating surface, but what exactly does that entail. Are the seat sides leather too, headrest, etc. It's even more difficult to distinguish what's what with the back seats. I'm no expert and couldn't really tell for sure where the leather ended and the pleather began. I just don't want to waste my time or Lexol condition surfaces that are not leather.

If someone can specifically list what's what and/or include pictures I'm sure it would be useful for everyone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
552 Posts
The quick/brief run down is as follows: the seat cushion tops and seat backs are leather (front and back seats). The sides and back sides of the front seats are vinyl. The main surface of the headrests (part that faces back of the head) is leather, the rest vinyl. If you also have 3rd row, the whole thing is vinyl...NO leather in the 3rd row. The shift knob and steering wheel are also leather covered.

This type of arrangement is pretty typical for most cars so don't think you're getting screwed out of anything;) :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.