Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what does everyone have planned to use their Economic Stimulus check for?

I think I'm just going to put it into one of my house projects, but $300 isn't going to go very far.:patriot:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Only $300? Singles are getting $600, married couples get $1200, and plus $300 for each dependent child under 17. So both you and your GF should each get $600. You only get $300 if you make less than $3000/yr or are a vet or only on soc. sec. or some such stuff like that.

Good article here a simple explanation and when to expect your $$$! http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/104827/Make-the-Most-of-Your-Tax-Rebate

Between Fed, NY and NJ we ended up owing $800, so getting $1200 back for the stimulus check brings us to +$400 on the yr...at least we ended on the positive side:rolleyes: Although it is still like found money when the check arrives/is deposited.

Haven't really thought about what we'll spend it on. Probably something for the house as you said...$1200 would be well on the way to a new stove or fridge:patriot: :headwall: :Dunno: :lol: Kinda sad when you think about it, a few yrs ago I probably would've bought myself a new TV or computer or something cool:p

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh, I thought it was $600, but then saw $300 somewhere. At any rate, $1,200 would def come in handy. We need a new deck, water heater and I would like to get a new a/c unit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If your yearly income is 3K or more it is $300 per person. My Mom got letter in the mail explaining this and friend got $600 per child and $300 per adult. So $300 per adult will not last you long (unfortunately). I got tank of gas in tribeca and it was over $60 in Boston so $300 is like 5 weeks worth of gas

snork said:
Only $300? Singles are getting $600, married couples get $1200, and plus $300 for each dependent child under 17. So both you and your GF should each get $600. You only get $300 if you make less than $3000/yr or are a vet or only on soc. sec. or some such stuff like that.

Good article here a simple explanation and when to expect your $$$! http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/104827/Make-the-Most-of-Your-Tax-Rebate

Between Fed, NY and NJ we ended up owing $800, so getting $1200 back for the stimulus check brings us to +$400 on the yr...at least we ended on the positive side:rolleyes: Although it is still like found money when the check arrives/is deposited.

Haven't really thought about what we'll spend it on. Probably something for the house as you said...$1200 would be well on the way to a new stove or fridge:patriot: :headwall: :Dunno: :lol: Kinda sad when you think about it, a few yrs ago I probably would've bought myself a new TV or computer or something cool:p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Andrey said:
If your yearly income is 3K or more it is $300 per person. My Mom got letter in the mail explaining this and friend got $600 per child and $300 per adult. So $300 per adult will not last you long (unfortunately). I got tank of gas in tribeca and it was over $60 in Boston so $300 is like 5 weeks worth of gas
Singles are supposed to get 600 each and couples 1200, with 300 per dependant child under 17 per the IRS website. My wife and I with our son received 1500.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yep...we got our $1200. Got a new ceiling fan for the living room and the rest pretty much went to bills:rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spent my $600 as part of the down payment on the 08 Impreza I just got.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts