Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what the heck is that squeaking sound coming from under my vehicle and how much am I going to have to fork over to fix it? I soooo wish I had gone for that oh-so-sweet '67 Camero but was talked out of it for the safety and well-being of my preschoolers. So instead of having my "Better Off Dead" moment of triumph in the grocery store parking lot, I get to tool around in a grocery getter with a squeak. Nice.:mad:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm gonna venture a guess that '67 Camaro would have more squeaks and rattles. ;)

Now, more info is needed... is it squeaking when you accelerate? Decelerate? All the time? Over bumps? Only in reverse?

Do you need new brake pads?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But oh what wonderful Camaro squeaks they would be!

I wish it were the brakes, as that would be an easier/familiar fix. Unfortunately, I suspect it's more of a suspension problem. The sound is like the creaking you hear when jumping on rusty bed springs and it's especially noticable over large bumps, although it also creaks when getting in/out of the vehicle, which lets the whole parking lot know about the extra 5 pounds I carrying in my caboose.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
630 Posts
it could be the busings or struts...usually you can tell and it comes from the front end of the car...bring the car to the dealer..shouldnt be a big deal, dont worry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's bushings too, especially after reading more on this site. The dealer suggested the struts but I'm hoping for the easier and much less expensive bushings. I've never done that kind of repair before but there are some excellent postings here, with tips and diagrams.

Wish me luck!

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.