Exterior styling
Puddle lights
AWD
Nicest interior compared to other manufacturers
Very smooth ride
Great value

CONS:
Rear visiblity
Exterior styling (I know, its in my pros)
Gas tank (uh, 15.9 gallon tank???)
DVD player is not user friendly
NAV too far to reach at times, I hate hitting the OK button, but I think thats probably standard throughout all navi's.
Tranny-shifts prematurely
Power-I think its about 20-25hp shy
3rd row-why bother

Just my thoughts, please give me yours...thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Thoughts

I just turned oved 17,000 miles after a road trip from Seattle to Disneyland and back last week. I also tow my pop-up camping trailer on several camping trips per year. I don't ponder this at length but I'll try and capture my analysis here

PROS
Subaru symmetrical AWD
styling
3rd row fits my kids fine
Interior styling and functionality
Comfortable front seats for long drives-my back hates forester and impreza seats.
Power is fine for my needs-21 mpg over my road trip at 80+ mph all the way.

CONS
I'll agree with the small fuel tank, not a long range car.
I'll also agree that the trans likes to hunt for gears frequently. Just Floor it! j.k.
Stock wheels aren't all that in my opinion.
Subaru's tend to get door dings VERY easily.
If you are an over the shoulder backer-upper, then it does have poor rear visibility,(as evidenced by my wifey backing into the nanny's car). Use the mirrors though and it's fine.
If I had the $$$, I'd have Cobb supercharge and Accessport to 300HP, but I wonder how the economy would suffer.

Anyhow overall the vehicle is a great fit for my family and replaced a '03 Suzuki XL-7.

·
Registered
6 Posts
07 Diamond Gray 7 Seater Limited with 7k on the odometer

PROS:
Value
Front exterior design
Side exterior design
Paint quality on metal parts
Headlights
Sidemirror blinkers
AWD,Brakes,Stability Control
Safety cage and airbags
Interior (Gauges, leather, plastics, front, and 2nd row seating comfort)
255 18 inch wheels
Good handling and comfortable ride for an SUV
Access to oil filter and drain plug
Decent gas mileage at 21 mpg

CONS:
Acceleration between 40 and 65 mph if not in Sport Mode due to gear hunting
Small gas tank (range for me is 310 miles till I see --)
Rear styling
Windnoise above 75 mph
OEM tires
Front and rear bumper paint color lighter shade than paint on metal parts in bright sunlight
3rd row for kids or very short trips for adults
Cargo room
Plastics in cargo area scratch easily
Center monitor display washes out bright sunlight
91 octane
New plate came in and it was **MR666 (changing it soon but maybe not :devil: )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to decide

New to group! Trading in my 2001 RX300... looking at CX-7, Lexus RX350, Honda CR-V (I know, smaller). Seriously considering B9T 5 pass LTD.

I've driven 2007 Tribeca twice... my impressions (owners feedback welcome)

PROS
Ride and Handling-- seems perfect trade off
Interior room... massive (almost too much!)
Subaru AWD system, superior to FWD systems
Don't mind the snout

CONS
Mostly center around interior... I'm 5'4"... enjoy sitting up high, but even so, feels minivan-ish with tall centerstack and steep, wraparound dash.
While some call it beautiful, find dash layout a little too gimmicky and boom-boxy, compared to Lexus, CX-7, RDX, etc.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm new here, considering purchasing a B9. Test drove one today, and was impressed with the ride (it was an '06). I thought that it was every bit as good if not better than the Touareg. Better steering input, although slightly overboosted; the Touareg felt like a Lincoln with its completely light steering and no feel through the wheel. Power seemed adequate, especially in sport mode. Interior is a bit too plastic-feeling, and the legroom in 2nd (and 3rd) seat is a bit cramped. Quite impressed with the handling dynamics compared to other mid-size or compact SUVs. Now need to work a deal...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Keep in mind that there are 2 levers on the second row seats. It will go back a certain amount and then you release the second lever to allow you to go back th erest of the way. This is a mechanism to avoid crushing the legs of a person if they are in the 3'rd row. With the full range of travel, the second row is quite roomy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tup said:
Keep in mind that there are 2 levers on the second row seats. It will go back a certain amount and then you release the second lever to allow you to go back th erest of the way. This is a mechanism to avoid crushing the legs of a person if they are in the 3'rd row. With the full range of travel, the second row is quite roomy.
Yeah, legroom is an issue in the 3rd seat, and in the 2nd seat if the 3rd seat is being used. The other vehicle I'm considering is the MDX, which has a couple of inches more room. I have yet to drive one, hopefully will do that this weekend, but I have a feeling that the B9 will win out there, as I have yet to drive a Honda that I liked (just my opinion of course, not meant for flames).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pros
Good looks...Sexy!
super quiet ride! Quietest in its class!
drives like a sports car, hugs the road, drives w/ confidence
luxury feel
best AWD system, period!
Subaru reliability!
Heated seats, side mirrors, windshield wipers!

cons
could use more low end torque under hard acceleration, feels fine when driven normally.
my 93 impreza had automatic folding mirrors, this one doesnt.
Side mirrors could be bigger, but you'll get used to it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
2007 7 Passenger Limited

Pros:
Handling. For something so big, I can still take turns pretty quick. I don't have to adjust my driving style like some other SUV's.
Love the look as it's different then any other SUV out there.
Interior is also unique and the layout makes sense. (I don't have Navi).
Quiet ride. Haven't gone over 80 yet, but every car gets a little noise w/ speed.
Luxury feel for a decent price.
Looking fwd to winter and the AWD capabilities.
Heated seats is a plus.
Factory remote start is awesome. I really didn't want to go aftermarket on that.
Fast for its size. I'm also coming from a Civic so everything is faster!
I don't have a problem w/ rear view visability.
Love the 2 position memory seats. Just wish the outside mirrors were hooked up to this feature.
Puddle lights to be installed in the near future.

Cons:
Weird transmission that lags when down shifting to pass on the highway.
Premium fuel, but not a concern yet until the barrel prices go up.
3rd row is more of a novelty for us. We only got it b/c we got a good deal.
Wish it had Xenon projectors vs. halogen projectors.
Got the OEM sub, but I don't know if it even works.

We test drove a lot of SUV's and the B9 wasn't even on the list until we happened to drive by the local dealer. Once we drove it, we were hooked. Truth be told, styling, value and Subaru AWD was the main reason we got it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hyperpm said:
07 Diamond Gray 7 Seater Limited with 7k on the odometer
CONS:

Front and rear bumper paint color lighter shade than paint on metal parts in

I have also noticed this, with subaru vehicles. Specifically the impreza. Seems to be a big difference in shades/color between the bumpers/fenders

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pros:
1.Value! Got my 2007 7-Pass. Lmtd. w/ Nav. for 32K
2.Symmetrical AWD
3.Safety (great crash test ratings!)
4.Lots of room. A little tight in The 3rd row, I will admit. We don't need it much, but it's nice to have
5.Exterior styling. My wife and I love the looks of this car
6.Great wheel/tire combo. 18" standard was a +

Cons:
1.3rd row cramped, but we really don't need it
2.Could use 25 more HP. I feel this will be available some time soon via Cold Air Intake or Access Port. It's really not underpowered for the average driver.
3.Transmission hesitation at times, but really not that noticeable IMO (Automatic Sports Mode Helps). My wife doesn't notice anything. We only use Premium fuel
4.Bad reviews from certain auto critics. I think the Tribeca has been getting a bad rap from a few critics. I test drove the Nissan Murano and Volvo XC90 and chose the Subaru B9 Tribeca.

IMHO, I still think the Tribeca is a wonderful car and I'm very happy with our purchase! I notice is some recent reviews they list the Tribeca as getting 16mpg. Where the heck does this come from? I get 19mpg in the city all day (I live in FLAT SW Florida). I also notice that the Tribeca is being rated at 0-60 in 10seconds. I have driven mine at a test track and did 0-60 at 8.2 seconds. When I bought the car is was listed as going 0-60 in 8.5 by Subaru. That seemed right on the mark. This is the bad press I spoke of in my Cons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts