Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I unlock and lock the Tribeca, it seems like it barely does it. With the remote it takes multiple tries, but even with the interior button it just feels weak. I have replaced batteries in the remote, and I thought this helped for a bit. But now I dont know where to start since the physical interior buttons give a weak lock and unlock.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I would start looking at grounds in your car. It's not the remote, it's the flow of electrons in the car. Check battery ground and grounds to the chassis.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where else do I check for grounds besides the battery and negative battery terminal?

Are their like grounding wires to the doors? Unibody to the frame?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grounding Circut

I have this, but thats not really the level of detail I am looking for... I will keep checking in other sections of the Factory Service Manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
try
http://durranticus.dyndns.org:24601/tribeca/
Select closest model year FSM HTML

Body Cab Accessories
Security and Locks
Door Lock Control System
Inspection

There are a couple things it will have you check, voltage/ ohm etc

Access to a Subaru Select Monitor will make your life infinitely easier as there are a couple things that you can only access via that.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have this, but thats not really the level of detail I am looking for... I will keep checking in other sections of the Factory Service Manual.
That's the start. THe harnessing diagram will show where those grounds are physically located if I remember right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
from "how to read wiring diagram" in Wiring System, Basic Diagnostic Procedure
• Each unit is either directly grounded to the body
or indirectly grounds through a harness ground terminal. Different symbols are used in the wiring diagram to identify the two grounding systems.

Symbol:Wiring harness and cord

F:Front wiring harness

B:Bulkhead wiring harness

E:Engine wiring harness

T:Transmission cord

D:Door cord LH & RH, Rear gate cord,
Rear door cord LH & RH, Rear defogger cord

i:Instrument panel wiring harness

R:Rear wiring harness,
Fuel tank cord,
Roof cord, Rear gate cord,
Rear defogger ground cord (Sedan model)

AB:Airbag wiring harness

Color code |Color

L|Blue
B|Black
Y|Yellow
G|Green
R|Red
W|White
Br|Brown
Lg|Light green
Gr|Gray
P|Pink
Or|Orange
Sb|Light blue
V|Violet
SA|Sealed (Inner)
SB|Sealed (Outer)
The wire color code, which consists of two letters (or three letters including Br or Lg), indicates the standard color (base color of the wire covering) by its first letter and the stripe marking by its second letter.

From the keyless entry system wiring diagram
It looks like all locks ground via the engine harness

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So where do I find the grounds for the engine harness? Like physically in the car where do I find that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts