Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

VIN request

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SGT Goltz 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys/pals/comrades,

can anyone post a VIN number from non-North American spec MY 06-07 Tribeca ? The reason for this is that North American Tribecas come with red turn lenses and other parts of the world get amber colored turn signals ( rear turn signals, that is). I've talked to my dealership's part guys, and they said they would need to plug a VIN number into the system to find a matching part, so providing them with US or Canada model VIN number is going to give same red turn signal part number. Expectation is that if they have Euro or Asian spec Tribeca VIN number their ordering system should find proper part number for this particular vehicle, and yeild amber turn signal part number.

So, with all the details laid out above, can anyone do this ? It has to be non US or Canada spec, so grey imports won't work.

If anyone has dealer friendly enough to just look the part number itself, that'd be even easier.

Here is a thread about amber taillights, there is a picture if first post:
http://www.sb9t.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2214#post2214

Thanks !

See less See more
#2 ·
Or if there are any european or otherworldly B9 owners...maybe they could just look at the part number on the lamps themselves. Odds are it would be screened on or stamped on the back somewhere. Then just post it here...

:) :tup:

#4 ·
SubOperator said:
Guys/pals/comrades,

can anyone post a VIN number from non-North American spec MY 06-07 Tribeca ? The reason for this is that North American Tribecas come with red turn lenses and other parts of the world get amber colored turn signals ( rear turn signals, that is). I've talked to my dealership's part guys, and they said they would need to plug a VIN number into the system to find a matching part, so providing them with US or Canada model VIN number is going to give same red turn signal part number. Expectation is that if they have Euro or Asian spec Tribeca VIN number their ordering system should find proper part number for this particular vehicle, and yeild amber turn signal part number.

So, with all the details laid out above, can anyone do this ? It has to be non US or Canada spec, so grey imports won't work.

If anyone has dealer friendly enough to just look the part number itself, that'd be even easier.

Here is a thread about amber taillights, there is a picture if first post:
http://www.sb9t.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2214#post2214

Thanks !

Try:
84912XA2309E - Lens & Body Rear Combination Lamp Left
84912XA241 (was 84912XA2409E) - Lens & Body Rear Combination Lamp Right
:)

#6 ·
B9LTD83 said:
forget amber tail lights... what we need are either cleared out or lightly smoked out tail lights... and instead of bulbs... we need an all LED assembly
I agree w/LED's being nice, but the other options you listed remind me of ricer-boy Altezza style lights. I for one am extremely happy Subaru left them alone Red & didn't go the route they've done to most of their cars w/the hideous looking clear Altezza-style taillamps they put on them. Each his own I guess. As you can see the hideous clear taillamps on my 06 STI were swapped immediately for the older 05's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.