Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video comparing vehicles of all wheel drive traction control. This gives a cool representation of how Subaru Symmetrical all wheel drive is better than those other 4 wheel or awd systems.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I do like how the Subaru faired in this, but to be fair all vehicles tested should have the same tires. It's like comparing apples to oranges with different tires involved.

·
Registered
771 Posts
To be fair all vehicles tested should have the OEM tires. These are the tires that will be on the cars years down the road.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do like how the Subaru faired in this, but to be fair all vehicles tested should have the same tires. It's like comparing apples to oranges with different tires involved.
I don't disagree but I do believe that oem tires should have been used. The explanation of why the Subarus handles better is right in the video. It really had less to do with tire skidding and grip than how the front and rear differentials help to keep the vehicle pointed whereever u point the steering wheel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wonder how much the Tribeca would fare in a test like this. In this test, they evaluated a Forester with the Active AWD system, while our Tribeca uses the more expensive VTD system.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The Tribeca by would handle it probably equally well. The forester is a bit lighter in its handling characteristics than the Tribeca though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts