Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ia anyone having issues with vibrations from the transmission. Every time the car is travelling at idle speed in top gear a vibration occurs. It is worse under load eg towing. When you accellerate it drives through it and the vibration stops.
My dealer believes it to be the torque converter and the mechanic I spoke to said he was aware of at least four others in the past month. I am waiting on a replacement part to arrive under warranty. This is a July built 08 model.
Only 10,000 Klm on the clock.
Just curios if any others have experienced anything similar as I had to take it back twice before they would order the part.
The car is in Melbourne Australia.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm not sure if it's the same sort of issue since the 08+ tranny is supposed to be revised/reprogrammed. But we live at the top of a pretty steep hill...if we go up the hill at about 30mph with light throttle input, the tranny will sit in 3rd gear (probably 1 too high), the engine only revs about 2-2.5k RPM and the whole car kinda bounces/shimmies/wobbles/vibrates. But if you lay off the gas or step on it, it immediately goes away. Only on our hill (under load) have we experienced this, so it hasn't really concerned me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts