Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this hack on a Tribecca? I did this simple hack on my legacy gt. I must say I love only having to hit the unlock button once has been great. I would love to do this mod on my Tribecca also, but I don't know what wires to tap into under the dash. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a post at legacygt.com on how to do this on a Subaru legacy. The wiring is different on a Tribecca though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hate to be the noob responding to an old and possibly dead thread but I did this to a previous car, never thought about doing it to my Tribeca but something just happened to me and I'm glad my doors functioned the way it does.

I left a store and this guy asked me for money, I usually help the less fortunate but i only had a 20 and this guy was in the store where i heard someone say "what happened to the money i just gave you?". I decided i wasn't helping this time and said no but he saw me pay for my product and put the 20 back in my pocket. Out side he's following me asking for money and saying he saw the money "Just help me out", "why you being this way" while getting more aggressive. I wasn't to worried until i realized my little buddy was in the car and not on me. So i walked to the car but positioned myself so i was on the drivers side and he was on the pass side. I pretended I was going to walk right on by but at the last minute i pressed the unlock button(keys were in my pocket) and opened door. At that moment he was very shocked and started quickly in my direction. so i quickly opened the center console and showed him the business end of my little buddy. By this time he was about 2 feet away from me approaching with a very aggressive stance. I guess he quickly realized I meant business because he walked away asking "why you being like this?".

I was thinking of this and was reminded of the car i did this mod to while reading this thread. If all my doors unlocked at the same time i may be telling a different story today. This is probably why it's designed the way it is. May not matter now but this literally happened about 1.5 weeks ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
BTW - I'm not a bad ass or anything. I really do help people when i can. on the side i'm a property manager and i have to go to the ghetto more times than i want to. I'm usually holding alot of rent money in cash when i'm in the ghetto.
Me and my little buddy takes no chances.:patriot:

·
449 Posts
My wife is the main driver of the Tribeca but my Forester does the same thing as did all the Subaru's I've owned. I've always been kind of baffled why it's such a big deal to press the button twice, I mean I'm not winded or anything after the first press :) Just for the safety factor as illustrated above, it's worth a little extra trouble. I grew up in and also lived in some less nice neighborhoods of New Jersey so things like locking and getting into my car safely are up front in my mind. I like the two press to unlock all myself. One touch up would be nice though ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts