Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
IMO, it's all a big hype. I'm pretty sure if you put anything in the way of air flow, it will supress it a bit. Not something that you would want. If it was that easy to increase HP and efficiency then Subaru would have done it on their own.

·
449 Posts
Snake oil. Besides Subaru motors already have tumble generator valves in the intake close to the head. Why you would want to restrict / disrupt the flow of air where that turbonator is supposed to be installed is beyond me.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
all I know is that I had a 97 Sunfire GT, installed a Turbonator on it, and it did improve my fuel economy... not so much in the city driving, but for the hwy definitely. I don't have exact numbers, but I know that my tanks were lasting longer on road trips after than before. As for performance, don' really know or care about that...

I did put one into my 'Beca last week. If anyone is interested, I'll keep an eye on my mileage over the next little while and let you know what I come up with.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
jonnyk said:
all I know is that I had a 97 Sunfire GT, installed a Turbonator on it, and it did improve my fuel economy... not so much in the city driving, but for the hwy definitely. I don't have exact numbers, but I know that my tanks were lasting longer on road trips after than before. As for performance, don' really know or care about that...

I did put one into my 'Beca last week. If anyone is interested, I'll keep an eye on my mileage over the next little while and let you know what I come up with.
Ok,
Let's see some before and after #'s.

·
Registered
35 Posts
lol... maybe so... I should have known when I picked it up at Toys-R-Us!! Kidding aside, I'll let y'all know how things work out in terms of economy; it can't hurt. can it? If it doesn't do anything, then I'm out $100, and I'm the new joke of the week. But if it does help, like it did on my other car, then over the course of a year, it should easily pay for itself and then some.

·
Registered
28 Posts
jonnyk said:
lol... maybe so... I should have known when I picked it up at Toys-R-Us!! Kidding aside, I'll let y'all know how things work out in terms of economy; it can't hurt. can it? If it doesn't do anything, then I'm out $100, and I'm the new joke of the week. But if it does help, like it did on my other car, then over the course of a year, it should easily pay for itself and then some.
Any update?

·
Registered
11 Posts
bangstar96 said:
I had a customer with a 2.5 RS and the turbonator got sucked into the intake, and destroyed the engine.:(
thats what they get for putting something stupid on their car :tdown:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts