Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that SOA posted this TSB.. I am just wondering if someone has the text for this TSB.. I took my 08 Tribeca to different dealers 3 times last year and nobody could fix the problem, very annoying. Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bump^

someone have this information.. the dad has an 08 tribeca 7 pax with the rear seat rattle/shake and hatch rattle !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
agam said:
Bump^

someone have this information.. the dad has an 08 tribeca 7 pax with the rear seat rattle/shake and hatch rattle !!!!!!!!!!
Not sure if your dad has the same second row rattle that I did, but I solved mine by raising the head rests for the right and left seats (not the middle seat) It was the head rest jumping up and down over bumps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my case it is defintely not the head rests. It seems that it is possible to find a stable position by moving seats back and forward but after a short road trip where the road has a slight slope to one side and a bump they start rattle again :mad: It would be nice see the TSB before going to a dealer...

·
Registered
36 Posts
wackojacko said:
Not sure if your dad has the same second row rattle that I did, but I solved mine by raising the head rests for the right and left seats (not the middle seat) It was the head rest jumping up and down over bumps.
nope, i'm talking about the whole backseat shaking when hitting a bump

·
Registered
630 Posts
yeah i got the same problem..when i hit a bump my whole second row seat rattles and my back tail gate does alittle but it dont make a noise..they had a recall for the second row..(my lovely dealer never told me) or a recall that wasnt really a recall but its common on most B9s. someone on this form found the document from SOA and how a spring has to be replaced or something..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Karen, thank you very much for the TSB! I hoped to fix it myself, but it appears that some parts are required so will go to a dealer..
Thanks again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would love to see people's reviews of this tsb! i'm in high hopes THIS will be the tsb that quiets the car almost completely :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
hawker800mech said:
It's about time they address the rear gate movement/noise.
i couldn't agree more, i wonder if the tsb will also reduce if not eliminate the 2nd row shake and vibration

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although this service bulletin does not specifically apply to my '07 Beca, I have the same rattling issues with the 2nd row seats. My dealer ordered a repair kit and a number of buffer parts to address the problem. I hope it helps to reduce that annoying rattling.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Let us know of the results TD, and Karen; I brlive there Indy a letter, but I think there should have been a recalll because most tribeca's seem to have this problem

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe a recall letter is issued only when safety is involved. A rattle, although annoying, will usually not cause the loss of life, only sanity. ;-)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts