Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have recently upgraded from a 05 Forester to 07 Tribeca and am generally very happy with just about every aspect of the new car.

One thing I have been considering is a conversion to allow the car to run on both Petrol and Liquid Propane Gas (LPG). Here in the UK, LPG is about 50p/litre and would probably reduce fuel costs. I drive about 11,000 miles a year and it seems that the cost of the conversion (about £1500) would be repaid after about two years.

I just wanted to see if anyone out there has any experience of running the H6 engine on LPG?

Many thanks!

James

·
Registered
134 Posts
Subaru offered an "official" conversion in the UK. It was originally about £2.3k but went up to something ridiculous like £4k about 18 months ago. We considered it at the lower price but were put off by the location of the tank (hanging down from where the space saver spare was mounted) and the fact that they cut a hole in the wing to mount the filler.
The price increase meant that we did not pursue the idea. To me the main benefit would be to increase the appalling range of the Tribeca. This, however, would mean using both tanks, thus halving the fuel saving benefits.

·
Registered
308 Posts
What about CNG (Compressed Natural Gas)? In Atlanta, most of the buses run on CNG. I've heard there are compressor pumps you can buy that will allow you to fill your tank from your home's natural gas line. The only downside is the lack of CNG pumping stations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts