Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking a variety of 6-7 seat vehicles and I'm wondering if anyone here has compared the Tribeca to the Mercedes R350?... I'm a big Subaru fan, and have owned Impreza's since 1994. I've never owned a Mercedes. I'm looking at 2006-2007 R350 (CPO) vs. a 2007-2008 Tribeca (CPO) with similar mileage for similar money. I'm still just shopping on paper and so far, so here goes the quesitons...

1. Can anyone provide a comparison of the seating space for all three rows in the Tribeca vs. the R350?
2. How about real world MPG?
3. What sort of real ownership cost are you finding with the Tribeca, oil changes, regular service, etc.
4. Any other head to head comparisons between these vehicles, from first hand experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
My friend has a R 350 and 4 kids and a wife, all fit comfortably in R 350 for trips to COLORADO from Texas.
Maybe a little cramped in Tribeca.
GAS MILEAGE DEPENDS ON YOUR FOOT, and the city/highway mileage.
Most MERCS RUN on premium gas, take that into consideration.
I have a 98 C 230 that runs fine still, but parts for these cars are a bit expensive. I would think a Subaru PART IS NOT CHEAP EITHER.
It depends on maintainance record.

Get Consumer Reports book and see how these cars are holding up, THEY did all the work for you.

I just bought a new tribeca, we only have one child so space is not a problem.
I'M NEW too, but you brought up a car that I know a little about.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure where you are and what models are available to you but we get long and short versions of the "R" in the UK. Very nice they are too!
They drive well and the long version has far more space inside than the Tribeca. The short version is kids only in the rear row but still more spacious than the Subaru.
Given a free choice the "R" is better than the Tribeca in pretty much every respect except price. Over here the "R" will cost at the very least twice as much as a Tribeca. We only use the rear row 4/5 times a year so the decision is a no-brainer......... for the money the Tribeca does 90% of the job for less than 50% of the money. Mercedes dealers in the UK have an appalling reputation for customer service too which makes the decision even easier.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well I can't say if the Mercedes R350 is any better than the Tribeca. But I will say this, the service on the Mercedes will be considerably more expensive over the life of the car. One of the major disadvantages of buying a European car is the service warning lights that will come on at predefined intervals that require the manufacturer to service the vehicle and reset the idiot light. I owned a Volvo and I hated it when the light came on. I eventually found the reset codes after the car was a few years old and could do it myself. But before then, I had to pay a premium for simple services.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.