Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking a variety of 6-7 seat vehicles and I'm wondering if anyone here has compared the Tribeca to the Mercedes R350?... I'm a big Subaru fan, and have owned Impreza's since 1994. I've never owned a Mercedes. I'm looking at 2006-2007 R350 (CPO) vs. a 2007-2008 Tribeca (CPO) with similar mileage for similar money. I'm still just shopping on paper and so far, so here goes the quesitons...

1. Can anyone provide a comparison of the seating space for all three rows in the Tribeca vs. the R350?
2. How about real world MPG?
3. What sort of real ownership cost are you finding with the Tribeca, oil changes, regular service, etc.
4. Any other head to head comparisons between these vehicles, from first hand experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
IMHO, Mercede$$ is on overpriced Chrysler Pacifica. I drove all 3 and liked the fun of Tribeca.

·
Registered
630 Posts
the R350 is so so so so so so so so so so FUGLY. but the interior is quite nice and very plush, but its like a MINIVAN. EW. The Tribeca is more fun to drive and is sporty, if you want to feel like your really drving get the TRIBECA, if you want to feel like your in a (ugly) living room on wheels, then get the R350.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Personal styling preferences aside...

- Seating space in second row is great for adults. Last week we put two 150lb+ adults in the backseat for a 3 hour road trip, and they were perfectly comfortable. The "way back" is only good for children/drunk folks/people you don't like much...although I find that such is the case with most 7-passenger non-minivans.
- We get an average of 22mpg (over the last 3k miles) on 91 octane in our 2006.
- I'm about to perform the first oil change on our rig (we just got her a month and a half ago), and the only difference I can anticipate between this and my WRX is that this thing takes a larger filter and a quart and a half more fuel.

·
Registered
630 Posts
jimbo said:
Personal styling preferences aside...

- Seating space in second row is great for adults. Last week we put two 150lb+ adults in the backseat for a 3 hour road trip, and they were perfectly comfortable. The "way back" is only good for children/drunk folks/people you don't like much...although I find that such is the case with most 7-passenger non-minivans.
- We get an average of 22mpg (over the last 3k miles) on 91 octane in our 2006.
- I'm about to perform the first oil change on our rig (we just got her a month and a half ago), and the only difference I can anticipate between this and my WRX is that this thing takes a larger filter and a quart and a half more fuel.
drunk folks? haha
my kids like the 3rd row even tho its really small, but yeah like you said, most non-mivivans have small 3rd rows..not including cars like the Saburban, Tahoe, Expedition etc..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.