Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm trying to figure out my overheating issue, also. So far I did the thermostat, flush, cap, radiator/hoses, and TSB 09-52-08. I have a tb gasket, but I will install that after seeing the results after the TSB.

·
Registered
502 Posts
So did the throttle body gasket stop the overheating? Question was asked a few times on the video. I swapped a JDM engine in (mostly due to settlement money), but I'd still like to know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
throttle body gasket replacement fixes overheat at idle

Early posts by me describe my experience with overheating at idle that goes away when the engine is revved. The dealer attributed this to a warped head; replacing the throttle body gasket fixed the problem.

Within the last 2 months, I noticed a friend of mine was driving a Subaru Tribeca. I mentioned the overheating problem I had seen with mine and he told me that his was doing the same thing. I mentioned the throttle body gasket as a possible source. His mechanic changed the gasket (charging about $150) and the engine is no longer overheating.

The symptoms that are repaired is an overheating that appears at low engine RPM, with normal temperature returning after the engine RPM is increased.

·
Registered
6 Posts
throttle body gasket replacement fixes overheat at idle

Yes, replacement of the throttle body gasket solves this overheat problem. Not sure of the specific mechanism that generates the symptoms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem moderate overheating at Idle and stop lights. My 2007 tribeca has 340,000 miles on it (you read that right) it has overheated a few times due to a busted radiator hose, bad radiator cap, and once the upper radiator hose just popped off. I was sure I needed a head gasket or had a small leak. NOPE thanks to this post I changed the thottle body gasket and it has rectified the issue! Thank you so much!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts