Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get the roof rails that are on the 09 Limited for the 09 special edition. I would much rather have the side rails and cross bars than just the rack that subaru offers as an option.
Thanks
Bryon

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering the same thing and was going to post it up. I actually called the dealership and they said that I could order the parts for the rails. I guess it comes in 6 parts. They told me it is roughly $240/rail. The parts guy wasnt sure how much it would be to install it. I was wondering if anyone knew what it took to install. If they have to remove the headliner or if it just screws into the mounting holes on the roof. I have a yakima rack that I want to use, so just getting the crossbars wont really work. So for now I am just going to put the yakima landing pad/mighty mounts or whatever they are on that screw in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 09 Subaru Tribeca SE and was thinking about the same thing.
I had called Subaru customer service and they said, subaru doesn't sell those parts since its a factory installed part and subaru dealers won't install them.
I think getting a Non-Subaru part but compatible part and install it. I like the Acadia rails.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The installation is simple - there are body-colored pry-off covers on your roof that you pop off and thereby expose pre-drilled and tapped bolt receivers.

Seriously - don't pay someone to install roof racks. SUCH a waste of money if you can do something as easy as turn a screwdriver :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
wait wait wait...did a bunch of research on this myself and talked to my techs (super mod friendly). The short answer is NO, they won't just bolt up on our SE's. There would be a bit of custom work involved including drilling and a few welds for the tru-bolts to tie to securely without ripping the metal. The headliner would come out or down (if your careful). The mounting points that are there with the tabs are only for the two piece crossbars, the rails will not bolt up to these spots.

If you do take this on, PLEASE document it with pics and do a writeup :tup: :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
wrx-boy said:
wait wait wait...did a bunch of research on this myself and talked to my techs (super mod friendly). The short answer is NO, they won't just bolt up on our SE's. There would be a bit of custom work involved including drilling and a few welds for the tru-bolts to tie to securely without ripping the metal. The headliner would come out or down (if your careful). The mounting points that are there with the tabs are only for the two piece crossbars, the rails will not bolt up to these spots.

If you do take this on, PLEASE document it with pics and do a writeup :tup: :D
:eek: This setup must only exist on the '06, then. Sorry for any confusion!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts