Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two-month old Tribeca got in an accident today. I got into a fender bender with another car. My front passenger-side corner took the brunt of the impact and resulted in the engine bay getting pushed in and the whole front bumper/fascia is totalled. Hope that it not as bad as it looked. I'm just glad that no one, especially my baby in the back was not hurt. I don't even want to think about how much worse the accident would have been if I was driving my 97 Legacy wagon instead. Now I hope that the car isn't in the shop for a month.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The most important thing is that no one got hurt, the car can be fixed and you won't even know it's been in a crash. Did the airbags go off?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sorry to hear that, what a PITA. I'd be really depressed if our new Tribeca got in a accident:( Hopefully you got a good body shop to go to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The airbags did not deploy because of where the car was hit. I had time to analyze the incident with a clear mind today and I'm positive that the incident was caused by a third vehicle. I was at a 2-way stop trying to go straight. The car opposite of me (grey pickup) looked to be going straight across as well since he did not signal. We both accelerated from the stop sign at about the same moment, but then the other driver decides to make an abrupt left turn in front of me. I must have swerved to my left a little to give some space and that's when I was hit on the passenger side. The driver who hit me/I hit was also distracted by the sudden maneuver of the grey pickup. If the truck had not turned abruptly, I would have seen the car approaching from my right and the other driver would have spotted me and thus have avoided the accident. I'm definitely getting a lawyer to help me in court to not get points on my license. I won't mind paying the fine. The last accident I was in was 14 years ago and my last speeding ticket was in the late '90s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts