Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe...

eatV8 said:
As the title says... Any Aussie hanging around thinking about buying one when it comes?
Perhaps - depends on the price, feature level and whether Subaru have their heads screwed on when it comes to practical colour/trim selections. I would want a white car (no pearl) with black trim.

I was thinking of a new BMW X5 but if I can save a bit, I am a maybe buyer... The fact we have a Subaru dealer but no BMW dealer in my city is also a factor...

·
Registered
192 Posts
iamthestig said:
Perhaps - depends on the price, feature level and whether Subaru have their heads screwed on when it comes to practical colour/trim selections. I would want a white car (no pearl) with black trim.

I was thinking of a new BMW X5 but if I can save a bit, I am a maybe buyer... The fact we have a Subaru dealer but no BMW dealer in my city is also a factor...
Dude, you don't want a BMW X5. Tribeca outstyles, outperforms, outfeatures, and even outvalues the X5!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi everyone, I justed joined your forum. I test drove the Tribeca yesterday and I'm going in today to try and do a deal. Two level trims over here, starting at $53990 and the premium is $58990 which adds sunroof, leather, rear dvd system. Both levels have Sat nav and reversing camera as standard. Only 5 colours to choose from though. Its very well priced for its features. Alot cheaper than the X3 ($66000) or X5 ($83000) and both dont come with sat nav its a $5000 option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will be interested to have a drive when they turn up here in WA. Not happy that the only white colour is a pearl finish (a nightmare to get touched up). Official release is 25th November. On paper it looks good value but the feedback so far is that it is a bit slow and heavy on fuel. Then there are the looks...

·
Registered
100 Posts
iamthestig said:
I will be interested to have a drive when they turn up here in WA. Not happy that the only white colour is a pearl finish (a nightmare to get touched up). Official release is 25th November. On paper it looks good value but the feedback so far is that it is a bit slow and heavy on fuel. Then there are the looks...
Unless they are using a different engine in Australia, the slow/heavy fuel thing misses the mark in my personal experience. Although I agree that most auto writers (who only spend a short amount of time in the car) give the review that you mention.

It is faster than my (ex) 300 hp Lincoln Navigator. It is faster than my In-Laws Lexus RX. But it does have a touch of a lag when initially accelerating from a stop. Remember, it is a crossover, not a sports car. Compared to other crossovers/SUVs it performs quite nicely.

I am getting between 22 & 24 mpg. What i have found is that the B9 is very fuel efficient when you keep it at a failry steady speed. It begins to eat gas in stop-and-go situations. Also proper use of the "SportShift" can really help your milage and acceleration. Your mpg might not be as good as mine as I live in the country and can avoid traffic for the most part - but I expect that it will be considerably better than the reviews make it out to be.

Here is a thread from elsewehre on the subject of B9 gas milage:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025624

JMO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm moving back to Aust (QLD) at the end of the month! Won't be picking up a Tribeca though. I am a fan of the car,but I just dont need its size etc.

Version 5 STi for me! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had a drive...

kooldak said:
Unless they are using a different engine in Australia, the slow/heavy fuel thing misses the mark in my personal experience. Although I agree that most auto writers (who only spend a short amount of time in the car) give the review that you mention.

It is faster than my (ex) 300 hp Lincoln Navigator. It is faster than my In-Laws Lexus RX. But it does have a touch of a lag when initially accelerating from a stop. Remember, it is a crossover, not a sports car. Compared to other crossovers/SUVs it performs quite nicely.

I am getting between 22 & 24 mpg. What i have found is that the B9 is very fuel efficient when you keep it at a failry steady speed. It begins to eat gas in stop-and-go situations. Also proper use of the "SportShift" can really help your milage and acceleration. Your mpg might not be as good as mine as I live in the country and can avoid traffic for the most part - but I expect that it will be considerably better than the reviews make it out to be.

Here is a thread from elsewehre on the subject of B9 gas milage:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025624

JMO.
I dunno about some people - It wasn't slow or lacking in power IMHO ?

Quite nice to drive and lots of toys for the money (even a calculator !) in the 5 seat premium.

Just having a think. Need to adapt to the looks both inside and out !

BTW. What huge side mirrors it has !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts