Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says... Any Aussie hanging around thinking about buying one when it comes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Maybe...

eatV8 said:
As the title says... Any Aussie hanging around thinking about buying one when it comes?
Perhaps - depends on the price, feature level and whether Subaru have their heads screwed on when it comes to practical colour/trim selections. I would want a white car (no pearl) with black trim.

I was thinking of a new BMW X5 but if I can save a bit, I am a maybe buyer... The fact we have a Subaru dealer but no BMW dealer in my city is also a factor...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
iamthestig said:
Perhaps - depends on the price, feature level and whether Subaru have their heads screwed on when it comes to practical colour/trim selections. I would want a white car (no pearl) with black trim.

I was thinking of a new BMW X5 but if I can save a bit, I am a maybe buyer... The fact we have a Subaru dealer but no BMW dealer in my city is also a factor...
Dude, you don't want a BMW X5. Tribeca outstyles, outperforms, outfeatures, and even outvalues the X5!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
HB_Dad said:
Dude, you don't want a BMW X5. Tribeca outstyles, outperforms, outfeatures, and even outvalues the X5!!!
But I was going to get a X5 Diesel - great power and economy to which the Subaru has no response...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Hi everyone, I justed joined your forum. I test drove the Tribeca yesterday and I'm going in today to try and do a deal. Two level trims over here, starting at $53990 and the premium is $58990 which adds sunroof, leather, rear dvd system. Both levels have Sat nav and reversing camera as standard. Only 5 colours to choose from though. Its very well priced for its features. Alot cheaper than the X3 ($66000) or X5 ($83000) and both dont come with sat nav its a $5000 option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I will be interested to have a drive when they turn up here in WA. Not happy that the only white colour is a pearl finish (a nightmare to get touched up). Official release is 25th November. On paper it looks good value but the feedback so far is that it is a bit slow and heavy on fuel. Then there are the looks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
iamthestig said:
I will be interested to have a drive when they turn up here in WA. Not happy that the only white colour is a pearl finish (a nightmare to get touched up). Official release is 25th November. On paper it looks good value but the feedback so far is that it is a bit slow and heavy on fuel. Then there are the looks...
Unless they are using a different engine in Australia, the slow/heavy fuel thing misses the mark in my personal experience. Although I agree that most auto writers (who only spend a short amount of time in the car) give the review that you mention.

It is faster than my (ex) 300 hp Lincoln Navigator. It is faster than my In-Laws Lexus RX. But it does have a touch of a lag when initially accelerating from a stop. Remember, it is a crossover, not a sports car. Compared to other crossovers/SUVs it performs quite nicely.

I am getting between 22 & 24 mpg. What i have found is that the B9 is very fuel efficient when you keep it at a failry steady speed. It begins to eat gas in stop-and-go situations. Also proper use of the "SportShift" can really help your milage and acceleration. Your mpg might not be as good as mine as I live in the country and can avoid traffic for the most part - but I expect that it will be considerably better than the reviews make it out to be.

Here is a thread from elsewehre on the subject of B9 gas milage:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025624

JMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm moving back to Aust (QLD) at the end of the month! Won't be picking up a Tribeca though. I am a fan of the car,but I just dont need its size etc.

Version 5 STi for me! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Just had a drive...

kooldak said:
Unless they are using a different engine in Australia, the slow/heavy fuel thing misses the mark in my personal experience. Although I agree that most auto writers (who only spend a short amount of time in the car) give the review that you mention.

It is faster than my (ex) 300 hp Lincoln Navigator. It is faster than my In-Laws Lexus RX. But it does have a touch of a lag when initially accelerating from a stop. Remember, it is a crossover, not a sports car. Compared to other crossovers/SUVs it performs quite nicely.

I am getting between 22 & 24 mpg. What i have found is that the B9 is very fuel efficient when you keep it at a failry steady speed. It begins to eat gas in stop-and-go situations. Also proper use of the "SportShift" can really help your milage and acceleration. Your mpg might not be as good as mine as I live in the country and can avoid traffic for the most part - but I expect that it will be considerably better than the reviews make it out to be.

Here is a thread from elsewehre on the subject of B9 gas milage:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025624

JMO.
I dunno about some people - It wasn't slow or lacking in power IMHO ?

Quite nice to drive and lots of toys for the money (even a calculator !) in the 5 seat premium.

Just having a think. Need to adapt to the looks both inside and out !

BTW. What huge side mirrors it has !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I wonder if the Aussie version has the large European side mirrors. If so, yes they are large...much larger than the North American ones. Maybe we'll see them in the 08 refresh.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top