Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently took a trip from OH to Hilton Head, SC and it reconfirmed why I love this ride.

On the way back I was absolutely running it very hard averaging about 82 mph over about 4 or 5 hours. I had many down shifts and high rpms when accelerating on relatively flat roads. The Beca didn't even blink, it responded very well and ran great in very hot weather. While I think most people would like extra power or torque, I still think this ('06) does well enough for it self on the highway. It moves just fine from 80 up to 100 pretty well. Of course I didn't actually go that fast or hit 110 when no one was around.

I will mention that once we got into the hills of West Va, and I was still getting on the gas and the tranny did a lot of shifting. This caused the Auto Transmission temp light to come on after about 15 miles.

After that, while still climbing, I put it in sport and stayed in 5 or 4 if needed. The light went off after about 15 minutes and all was well again. The Beca let me know to cool it for a while and then all was well.

I love this ride. I only wish I could drive it daily like my wife does.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have you thought about putting on the OEM tranny cooler? It is very easy and I can lend a hand if you'd need help. I installed the OEM trailer hitch and cooler myself. It is very easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts