Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Adapter for read information from CAN and Fbus and transmit it to android application.
USB GPS receiver also maybe installed on bus adapter for navigation applications (Google maps and other)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested, and how much will cost all these extras? I really liked it, even I didn't read all details and functions. Please let me now. Thx. Alex

·
Registered
3 Posts
This Android MiniPC is amazing; saw the youTube video and is great. Good job.Thank you for sharing, I wanted to change my car outdated GPS and rest. Alex

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm interested, and how much will cost all these extras? I really liked it, even I didn't read all details and functions. Please let me now. Thx. Alex
Main functions of bus adapter:
- display Fbus and CAN data
- external power supply for tv-box and usb hub 5V, 2A (module based on mp2307) with delay 5 min after ACC off
- brightness pwm signal for lcd screen depending on illumination
- signal for reverse camera to lcd screen with delay 2sec

Extra:
- USB GPS module

Requirements for android tv box
- kernel support or loaded external drivers cdc-acm.ko (for GPS) and cp210x.ko (for bus data)

Price:
180 USD without GPS
200 USD with GPS

·
Registered
703 Posts
What I learned from this video is that the power knob on the radio is not supposed to be illuminated... and here I thought I simply had to live with a bad LED.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
So this uses the existing touchscreen?

I wonder how well some android functions would work with a resistive type touchscreen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So this uses the existing touchscreen?

I wonder how well some android functions would work with a resistive type touchscreen.
I use wireless mouse, because panel in my car without frame for touch.
Also I use additional usb hid controller with button "+" and "-" on central panel for ZOOM IN and ZOOM OUT in navigation mode. You can see it on video.

This function is a part of project for capacitive touchscreen.

Video with 2-points touchscreen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwToi6mSY0

·
Registered
19 Posts
This has caught my attention has there been any more updates? And like the previous post what are all the components needed to make this work and what year TriBeCa did you install this in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This has caught my attention has there been any more updates? And like the previous post what are all the components needed to make this work and what year TriBeCa did you install this in?
Now it is working on my Tribeca '06 (USA model) with stock audio system P136. And it will be also work with stock audio system P141.

Also I added function in BusAdapter to emulate external cd changer. And now I can play sound from android throught stock audio system and switch Next | Prev track in android music player from button on stock audio system or on wheel..

video for switch track in android music player:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5lKwNQeR0g

·
Registered
2 Posts
What specific apps do you use in this setup? I like the look of it! Would this work with an existing touch screen model or would you have to upgrade to the capacitive screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
mas_ua,

I am considering a project very similar to yours to put an android box in my '06 Tribeca. Can you share information on how you wired into the vehicle buses (CAN & FBus) and all of the bus signals that you are receiving and/or transmitting? I'd love to have the factory buttons control as much as possible.

Thanks,
Bruce

1 - 20 of 25 Posts