Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I started negotiating for one almost 3 years ago when Subaru allowed you to pre order. They were at a premium price (and required premium) so I bought a big comfortable truck instead.

Ran out of things for the truck to do and started looking at the 08s to replace the truck. Finally found a heavily discounted fully loaded Tribeca that had all the comforts of the truck and can still tow a modest amount.

Impressed with the power and the ability to whip it into most parking spots without one or two corrections. Now we are back to being an all Subaru family and are very happy.

Plan to drive it to Alaska this summer (from Seattle).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome back to the Subaru fold.

Driving to Alaska must be fun. There was a thread on another forum on trying to get to China from USA via drive-thru Alaska, but that pesky Strait can be a bit challenging on the crossover.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, welcome back...although you really never went anywhere owning other subies:)

I've liked the Tribeca's myself since they were introduced, but you were right not to pay a premium for it back then obviously:tup: It's not that I don't think we're not getting $35-40k worth of car but for that much there's too much other competition. I think Subaru was a bit too optimistic with their initial sales goal and "status" in the car world considering the B9 was/is their biggest move upmarket. But hey, their "loss" is all our gain for a sweet ride at a VERY reasonable cost:wave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts