Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

If anybody can help. My Tribeca is leaking oil on both sides, back of the engine, there are some kind of screws next to the camshaft oil control valves(Oil is leaking from these hexagon screws). Are they just blind plugs(to check pressure etc. ?) and can be opened, cleaned and closed with threads glue? Or are they meant to be some kind of regulating screws? What is my best option to deal with this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also wanted to ask can this problem cause randomly misfire in cyl 2 and 3? P0302 and P0303 codes appear.On idle is rough a bit and feel engine shaking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bet it's actually the solinoid avcs right in front. It's an oring seal and is easy to pull and change. Any issue with the avcs system will cause misfires galore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet it's actually the solinoid avcs right in front. It's an oring seal and is easy to pull and change. Any issue with the avcs system will cause misfires galore.
It is clearly seen that oil comes from between screws not from solenoids. Might there be an orings on screws as well then?! Sry if i understood wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts