Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO ALL CHAMPAGNE EXTERIOR PAINT SUBARU OWNERS!

I originally joined this forum because I wanted to contact Tribeca 06 about a discoloration paint problem with his 2006 Tribeca. My 2006 Tribeca had the same problem. My husband and I mentioned it to the dealership on more than one occasion. Nothing they could do. Contact the manufacturer they said. Months past and my husband and I thought we were left with a car that had been splashed by some unknown chemical that had left this CANCER on our car. I clearly saw that this CANCER was growing and decided to search for infomation on the internet. Perhaps there were others like me that had been complaining about the same issue. I found it! I then contacted SOA directly. They were not new to this issue. I then contacted my Subaru dealership were we had purchased the car and set up an appointment being overseen by SOA. I came prepared with photographs, dates, history of complaints and anything that I could dig up on the internet. They discussed and came back to me and said that this "GHOSTING" was known to the Champagne color car and they would repaint the car under my warranty. I was able to work with my known Auto Body, outside of Subaru's peramiters. The car looks like new. PLEASE CONTACT SUBARU OF AMERICA IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello and Thank you!

I had the same problem, and took this posting to the dealer in Pocatello, Idaho. The dealer worked with Subaru of America to get coverage to have my local auto body shop repaint the car. As per this posting, it looks new again. Without this posting, they might not have taken this seriously considering it's amost two years later, and I've had the car for five years.

Thank you again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.