Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 2010 limited Beca, I had them installed a transmission cooler.......since I live in the mountains, thought it would be a good idea, and it was not that expensive.......any comments with regard to this "add on"; do you guys think it was worth the money, or just a money maker for the dealer?? Just curious......tks.....oh, I don't plan on doing any towing or stuff like that.........

·
Registered
164 Posts
i installed one on my 2009 and also don't plan on doing any towing. i live in metro atl and the summer temps in addition to stop n go traffic can heat up things enough to shorten tranny life of any vehicle over time. i see the tranny cooler as more of a preventative measure / peace of mind thing. it definitely can't hurt and like you said, it's not that expensive... but a transmission replacement is!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the summers in "Hot Atlanta" are starting to get longer and the traffic is a nightmare at best..........main reason that I moved to the mountains.....anyway, having the cooler is surely not going to hurt anything........tks for your comments.......

·
Registered
152 Posts
I tow very infrequently and I also mainly got the trans cooler as a preventative peace of mind. Fairly cheap... helps transmission life... and if I ever do need to tow, I've got the extra lbs overhead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts