Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 07 B9 and as many others here I had a feeling that the tranny shifting could use some improvement. So some time ago while visiting the dealer for some warranty work (rear liftgate shocks) I asked the service manager if Subaru has any updates for tranny ECU. He checked and guess what, for our Tribeca there were two updates available. He couldn't provide me with release ## or anything similar, the only thing he mentioned that the updates were addressing cold temperature shifting and first gear hard shifting.

They updated our Tribeca to the latest one. So far my impressions are positive - the car shifts somewhat better, and kickdowns are happening without that long delay that people complain about. The overall behavior is something between the normal and sport modes with the previous software. If I switch in sport mode now, Tribeca gets almost as aggressive as my 05 GT with manual. Me like :)

This was free update since the car is still under warranty. Unfortunately, they couldn't try the 08-09 tranny reflash since it is said to be not compatible due to hardware differences.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fourtrax450R said:
i have an 06 B9, they should be able to reflash it right? i dont have a warranty :(
Yeah, but they'll charge you :tdown:. Keep in mind the shifting has a pretty dramatic change when you run premium gas(smoother shifts) vs basic gas (more clunky).

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have noticed that about the premium vs regular. i just wish i made more money so i didnt suffer through NY gas prices lol. Ill see how much theyre going to charge, see if its worth it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts