Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In regards to having a 7 pin wiring system for towing a camper trailer, I understand the reason for the 7 pin is to use the electric brakes on the trailer. I was told i may need a brake controller module to accomplish this. Does anyone know if this unit is indeed needed on the tribeca 2008? Also, does anyone know what type of pin configuration the Subaru dealer installs when installing a hitch (flat 4 vs round 7)?

·
449 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Peaty said:
I haven't looked for that specifically but check this site:

http://www.etrailer.com/[/url]

They have the wiring adapters for various pin configurations. I just ordered a Draw-Tite Class III 2" hitch plus the wiring, I had no idea what to order, so I called them first. Talked to a couple of very knowledgeable and helpful young ladies who made the whole ordering process a snap. Highly recommend you call them, too.

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just had delivered the same thing from Etrailer, a draw tite hitch and the T-wiring so it should just be plug and play. I got a transmission cooler too from subarupartsmall. I will install this weekend myself, following Peaty's guide for the cooler. Hitch should be pretty easy, just 4 bolts.

--sigmead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts