Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 B9 and have had winter wheels and snows on since the first winter, 3 winters now. They do not have TPMS sensors. In the past when I have mounted the winters, the dash warning light would flash each time I started the car, blink for a minute or so and then go solid. When I put the factory summers back on the blinking warning would stop after perhaps one or two restarts of the engine. This snow tire season the warning light was solid, not flashing, from either the first day or two or shortly after. The warning light has simply been solid each time I started the engine. I have switched back to the factory summers and the warning light continues to be a solid, non-flashing condition. I have double cheked the tire pressure and it is at factory specs.

Is the only fix to return to the dealer or is there something I can try first? Would disconnecting the battery for a few minutes perhaps create a condition where the system would re-aquire the sensors? Would another option be through a code reset? Is this a code that could be reset through a diagnostic tool allowing the sensors to be re accquired?

I would like to avoid the call and trip to the dealer as it would likely be a minimum hour labour charge.

Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
gmarx said:
I have a 2009 B9 and have had winter wheels and snows on since the first winter, 3 winters now. They do not have TPMS sensors. In the past when I have mounted the winters, the dash warning light would flash each time I started the car, blink for a minute or so and then go solid. When I put the factory summers back on the blinking warning would stop after perhaps one or two restarts of the engine. This snow tire season the warning light was solid, not flashing, from either the first day or two or shortly after. The warning light has simply been solid each time I started the engine. I have switched back to the factory summers and the warning light continues to be a solid, non-flashing condition. I have double cheked the tire pressure and it is at factory specs.

Is the only fix to return to the dealer or is there something I can try first? Would disconnecting the battery for a few minutes perhaps create a condition where the system would re-aquire the sensors? Would another option be through a code reset? Is this a code that could be reset through a diagnostic tool allowing the sensors to be re accquired?

I would like to avoid the call and trip to the dealer as it would likely be a minimum hour labour charge.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Had the same problem. Had to take it to the dealer for them to reset things. Cost $40.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've found with my dealer if I get something else done - oil change etc, they don't charge for the TPMS reset but if I just take it there for a reset only they do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
cptplt said:
I've found with my dealer if I get something else done - oil change etc, they don't charge for the TPMS reset but if I just take it there for a reset only they do.
My dealer does the same thing. Maybe I'll have them replace the air filter for the "cabin."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any update of the TPMS light reset?
I had the same problem on my 2009 Tribeca (TPMS light on but all tires are good), but don't know how to reset it.
Have to bring to dealer to do that?

·
Registered
138 Posts
or go to any tire shop - they might have tools to reset it too.
p.s. or read fsm - disconnecting battery might do the trick as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The tire shop I purchased my winter tires at resets the sensors for free when needed, as long as the battery in the unit isn't dead, otherwise about $70 canadian to change out a dead one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts