Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody towing pop up camper w/ their Tribeca? I am looking at towing a Coleman Utah. Just checking on how it handles towing a camper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
cogsbeme said:
Anybody towing pop up camper w/ their Tribeca? I am looking at towing a Coleman Utah. Just checking on how it handles towing a camper.
This is one of the reasons I ordered this car. Towing capacity is 3500#, so I don't think it will be a problem. What size is the receiver?

·
Registered
47 Posts
drbrousters said:
Just be sure to add the transmission cooler if the towing passage is not already installed on your vehicle.

Dude, what is the towing passage? Still don't have my car yet.:(

·
Registered
146 Posts
It includes hitch, electrical connections (for towing 2000 lb), and transmission cooler (for 3500 lb). Ask whether the car has it. If not, before towing it you need to know how much the pop-up weighs (in order to determine which towing package you need). I'd recommend adding the transmission cooler even if the pop-up doesn't call for it. Just a smarter thing to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm towing a 1800 lb Coleman Sea Pine. I've estimated a 2500 pound towing weight and added a transmission cooler.

Last year, we towed in the middle of August in West Texas and New Mexico and the Tribeca didn't flinch. Ambient temps were 95-100°F. The temperature gauge didn't budge upward past the third tick mark. We also have electric brakes on the camper, which is a must.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you plan on regularly towing the max weight a seperate transmission temp gauge would be very beneficial so you can be sure not to overheat the transmission and drivetrain. Or just install th biggest cooler you can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts