Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like husky lord I am also swapping the transmission in my 08 tribeca. I watched all the videos and read a bunch I have the Torque converter fully seated but when I install bolts to hold the transmission in it doesn't spin freely to install the TC to flywheel bolts any suggestions?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure you want my advice.

(had the tribeca towed today)....(weep....cry...laugh.....)

Did you have the TC secured when you moved it back up to the engine?.....Is there any chance it shifted out of place?
Remember...all you need is one bolt secured...after that they are lined up and will move together when you manually crank the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't move it at all but I don't have to loosen the bolts much on the transmission and it loosens up

·
Registered
122 Posts
If it's got at least one tc bolt onto the engine, yes it needs to be in neutral and hand cranked by manually rotating the engine to get to the next torque converter bolts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just wondering how your project is going?
My Tribeca has been at the Transmission shop for 3 days waiting until they can finish through their current workload.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday we finished torqueing it in and first test drive went great. Thanks for all your help we referenced your experience and others on this site multiple times to navigate through this adventure. In the end we had the transmission installed and removed three times. Each time was a different struggle. But looks like we survived. I am still a little nervous about the trans oil pump. We did tighten it in once without everything full aligned but haven't heard any bad noises and had lots of fluid coming out the the transmission outlet when we tested it so fingers crossed.
This group rocks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts